Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS package tracking into Ireland

Options
  • 03-01-2013 4:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

So I ordered stuff online and have been tracking its progress online since its been dispatched and from doing so iv been looking at the route my package has been taking:

(From bottom up)
    • Koeln, Germany
    • Louisville, KY, United States
    • West Columbia, SC, United States
    • Aiken, SC, United States

Just wondering where its to go next? Its not a concern just looking into it for fun beacause from looking into it Louisville and Koeln are hubs for UPS and I was curious if anyone knows where my package is flown into next? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭arbour

crowther15 wrote: »
    So I ordered stuff online and have been tracking its progress online since its been dispatched and from doing so iv been looking at the route my package has been taking:

(From bottom up)
    • Koeln, Germany

Just wondering where its to go next? Its not a concern just looking into it for fun beacause from looking into it Louisville and Koeln are hubs for UPS and I was curious if anyone knows where my package is flown into next? :)

Tamworth in England will be next stop then Dublin. Tamworth is ups uk head offices

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭crowther15

It landed in Dublin this morning :S Scanned at 4:46am... Do UPS fly into Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Star/Maersk do it for them IIRC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

That's a bit strange, usually it goes from Cologne direct to Tamworth and then Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

It came in on the Star Air flight this morning, it lands around 4am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭donkey balls

arbour wrote: »
    Tamworth in England will be next stop then Dublin. Tamworth is ups uk head offices

Not unless there is an airport in Tamworth:P From my days working in the air freight industry just say a package was picked up in California it would be scanned up to 10 times before making it to the customers place.
    So the package is loaded into a ULD at LAX flown to MEM where it is sorted into a ULD destined for just say Dublin when the flight from the US lands at STN this ULD is scanned as having landed at STN,From here it would normally be transloaded onto the Dub bound flight without the ULD having to be resorted at STN.
    Most of the bigger airfreight players use a hub and spoke system throughout the world with smaller aircraft&trucks feeding into the bigger hubs,So if you ever need to send something by courier make sure the package is well packed as it could easily end up on about a few trucks&planes before getting to the final destination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Not unless there is an airport in Tamworth:P.

No, but there's a massive UPS hub, and BHX is just down the motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭donkey balls

testicle wrote: »

No, but there's a massive UPS hub, and BHX is just down the motorway.
    Afaik UPS operate out of EMA&STN the hub in Tamworth would mire than likely be for domestic parcels as its the old Lynx express facility.
    Also the Marsk air 767F routes SNN/DUB/CGN then does the route in reverse,

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dmon123

I have a package thats from UK
    Its went from Tamsworth to Castle donnington Gb now its going to Koeln DE germany I cannot find the logic in this. I wonder where mind is going to go next until it come Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Furasta

crowther15 wrote: »

(From bottom up)
    • Koeln, Germany

Afaik UPS operate out of EMA&STN the hub in Tamworth would mire than likely be for domestic parcels as its the old Lynx express facility.
    Also the Marsk air 767F routes SNN/DUB/CGN then does the route in reverse,

If you read it instead of finding a 5 year old thread to unearth you would have your answer. Koeln is the main UPS Hub for Western Europe then it will be on a flight to Dublin in the morning
    dmon123 wrote: »
    I have a package thats from UK
    Its went from Tamsworth to Castle donnington Gb now its going to Koeln DE germany I cannot find the logic in this. I wonder where mind is going to go next until it come Dublin

The logic is that there isn't enough UPS packages going from the UK to Ireland so it's more efficient to send it on a full plane to Koeln then combine it with the rest of the packages coming from other countries onto a full flight to Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Right, that was illuminating. But I’m closing this thread, it died in 2013 and the resurrection post has been answered

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement