Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Care Assistant Course

Options
  • 03-01-2013 4:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey Guys,

As the economy is ****e, Ive been looking as jobs lately. There seems to be alot of work with health care assistants.

Im still in college but I was hoping for a part time job in a nursing home or something. They say you need a fetac level 5 or some qualification in a nursing home.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these while im at college. Im in college in Waterford IT and from Tralee so if anyone would know anywhere.

Sucks been unemployed! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I know a few people doing a 1 year nursing course in my nearest VEC, it's fetac approved and as far as I know they offer a lot of other health care/child care courses.

There are colleges of further education in both Kerry and Waterford so google them and see what they have, I don't think they'll be much good whilst you're still in college full time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I'm in a nursing degree so I got my HCA training there, but a few friends of mine have gone through Nurse on Call or other agencies. They train you up for a fee, and cover all of the requirements neccesary...I'm not sure which agencies are available where you are but it's an option.

Also, call round/email a few nursing homes, they don't all require the same level of training, and as far as I know some provide training.

If you do get work in a nursing home...be sound. Cheers. I've worked with some awful people. It's a shame.

Advertisement