Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Pixelmon (Pokémon) [Beta]

• 03-01-2013 7:06am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

**WARNING: DO NOT CLOSE TRADING MACHINE BEFORE COMPLETING TRADE OR SERVER WILL CRASH**

file.php?logo=newestbannerconlogo978.png

I've opened up a new server for testing. The game is very much in beta and there's a lot of bugs but basically I've opened up a server for testing.

Anyone whitelisted on the boards survival will be already whitelisted on this.

IP: 188.165.244.23:25568

Installation:
    Pixelmon can be found here. Navigate to .minecraft folder in appdata (just type %appdata% in W7 search bar and hit enter). Extract Pixelmon and throw the mod folder in the .minecraft folder. Done! Anyone who had a previous installation of Pixelmon, delete the config folder located in .minecraft.

Minecraft Forge must be installed on your client side. Download can be found here

Navigate to .minecraft/bin folder in appdata (just type %appdata% in W7 search bar and hit enter). Make a backup of your minecraft.jar file. Unzip the forge download. Open minecraft.jar with winrar/7zip. Delete the META-INF folder in the jar, and then copy the contents of the unzipped forge files into the minecraft jar. Done.

Simple enough tutorial here

Forge will work on the boards.ie survival server but you'll have a small overlay on the left side of the screen (where your pokemon normally show up).

Here's a basic gameplay video, although the updates since this video.

What this mod has:
    Now over 120 Pokémon
    Modifies NO base files (Meaning it should work with any mod)
    Comprehensive attack system featuring over 500 attacks (including status effects and stats modifiers)
    Pokemon overlay showing current pokemon and their status
    Functioning pokedex
    Full PC storage system!
    Healing block!
    Evolution stones!
    Capturing system!
    HM and TMs!
    3D pokeball and capture animation
    All Mob's to scale as specified by the bulbapedia
    Battleable Trainers
    Aggression system
    Friendship System (Umbreon will evolve with it)
    Hammer and anvil crafting system for pokeballs!
    Apricorn trees
    More Pokeballs: Heavy Ball, Level Ball, Love Ball, Moon Ball and Friend Ball + More!
    New GUI's for battling, summary screen, and inventory, and more!
    Fossil Machine for reviving fossils found around the world!
    Trading! Trade pokemon with your friends! Evolve Pokemon!
    and much, much more....!

Annnd finally for whom finally got set up, here's a Wiki to get you started :)

http://pixelmon.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_Started_with_Pixelmon.

If there's any bugs regarding online play post here, or better yet, support the dev, and post bugs here!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Actually some of the recipes are outdated. There's new ore (Bauxite) you need to mine in order to make healing tables. Just double check the links in the recipes page.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Awesome, I'm down for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

I want a gyarados now!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

AFAIK there's shiny very rare shiny Pokémon too but I haven't come across one yet.

stupid minecraft login servers are down apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh good, I thought that was just me.

Server will be restarted at some point this evening. Will be down for about 2 minutes as I need to change a configuration. Adding mobs in and such.

EDIT: I'll restart early tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

53aiZ.png
    I am enjoying how ridiculous this is getting
    Ps. my photoshopping skills are flawless

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

pekka pekka

Have so far:

Charmander
    Rattata
    Pidgey
    Doduo
    Vulpix

all around lvl 16 or so

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm not impressed at all :P Was out exploring with bland saw and ekans and screamed HE'S MINE...pika showed up the second I started attacking him...boo beans

Really loving this mod. Last one I tried other than tekkit was I can't believe it's not minecraft. That thing had guns and hot air balloons and bloody fairies and I still prefer this ;)

Things that are broken:
    Pokedex

Incorrect recipes:
    There's a few incorrect ones on the wiki (it's not updated)
    Healing table
    PC
    And different Pokeballs are created with varied colour apricorns. For example, and ultra ball is black, yellow, black (all cooked) apricorns to get the lid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

:/ I keep crashing when trying to log onto the server.

For anyone having issues getting the mod to work, I've uploaded a full copy of the .minecraft folder. Just extract and overwrite. Single player worlds shouldn't be affected.

Link is here

I'm away for the weekend but I've left some Enderchests at the chest near the farm to temporarily solve the protection issue.

I'm away for the weekend but I've left some Enderchests at the chest near the farm to temporarily solve the protection issue.
    Funny, I have no problem leaving valuables unprotected on this server. We all know each other and trust each other... well maybe not bland O_O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Funny, I have no problem leaving valuables unprotected on this server. We all know each other and trust each other... well maybe not bland O_O
    I am hurt and offended :l

I am hurt and offended :l
    You get my present? :D

I got your present ;) it's staying but the sign isn't :P

Bland took out a couple of ender chests from the chest at spawn earlier (there were about 60 left when he was finished) and we noticed when we got back a few hours earlier that they were all gone :/ The chest beside the farm was just full of crap again.

How could 60 enderchests possibly be used?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Do pokemon gain levels from anything other than fighting? Seems my Charizard has gone and increased himself from 49-55 and gained a new ability...!

Bland looked this up not me but he's too lazy to post so I'll explain.
    Whenever the pokemon is having trouble loading it seems to spaz out and reset moves and mess with the levels..If you wanna keep them the same the whole time, I'd recommend putting anything you care about on a pc, I'm not sure if that will help but nothing has messed up on me since I've done this :)

Don't think they gain levels by themselves either but you can make rare candy from glowstone, sugar and a golden apple

Recruiting builders for a trainers stadium near spawn. Anyone interested will be opped for the duration. Goes without saying, only trusted users need apply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Recruiting builders for a trainers stadium near spawn. Anyone interested will be opped for the duration. Goes without saying, only trusted users need apply :)

Sure, I would be happy to help :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Xenon560 wrote: »

Sure, I would be happy to help :)

Don't think you qualify xenon ;)

I would be glad to help, no need for an opping, I could just help getting materials.

Was thinking about making Cinnabar Island and gym (as I train fire pokemon ;)) I just need to find an island of some sort and get building a volcano

You may have to build an island yet as I have went over 3000 blocks in all directions with no oceans in sight.

Just found a swamp south of spawn, think I'm gonna build here if noone minds..i'll just be placing dirt so the swamp mobs will still spawn :)

deconduo wrote: »
    Don't think you qualify xenon ;)

O rly? :) I think you would be lucky to have me :D

• Advertisement

Live map is up for the server.

http://188.165.244.23:8124/

Map will take some time to render

We can have wool as a prize for beating the respective trainers. Its a pain not having sheep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Server's kind of broken. Every time I relog I'm back in my house, and any changes I do aren't kept.

Server's kind of broken. Every time I relog I'm back in my house, and any changes I do aren't kept.
    Anyone else getting the same?

Yep. It's the god damn map I'm afraid. It's official. Pixelmon isn't compatible with anything. Seems it may be down to some of the additional blocks in Pixelmon. Restarting without the map.

Nope, not fixed. Awesomesauce. Also there's a massive hole in my house. FU Pixelmon, FU.

• Advertisement

Going to down for a while, some server files need to be cleaned out.

You just had to try with the map didn't you? :P

Is there no mobs of any kind in this or just sheep?

There are no sheep
    Only mobs are from spawners like cave spiders and dungeon spawners.... however, mobs do spawn in nether fortresses
    Wool is able to be crafted from the string from the webs in abandoned mineshafts or taken from desert temples
    Milk is able to be "juiced" from the Miltanks, don't think you need to catch them to do so either :)
    Making potions and stuff would be a bit of a pain though because of the rarity of cave spider spawners and no ghasts spawning in the nether, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to take :P

Well that does suck indeed. But who cares when you have all the pokemon :)

laura-can wrote: »
    There are no sheep
    Only mobs are from spawners like cave spiders and dungeon spawners.... however, mobs do spawn in nether fortresses
    Wool is able to be crafted from the string from the webs in abandoned mineshafts or taken from desert temples
    Milk is able to be "juiced" from the Miltanks, don't think you need to catch them to do so either :)
    Making potions and stuff would be a bit of a pain though because of the rarity of cave spider spawners and no ghasts spawning in the nether, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to take :P
    Can you milk Miltanks when their captured as well?

• Advertisement

Can you milk Miltanks when their captured as well?

Yus :) I've been milking bland's miltank...wait...wut?

laura-can wrote: »
    Yus :) I've been milking bland's miltank...wait...wut?

Hey... what you do in the comfort of your own home is up to you :cool:

EDIT: Any sign of the server going back up anytime soon?

Hey... what you do in the comfort of your own home is up to you :cool:

EDIT: Any sign of the server going back up anytime soon?

It would appear it's Bland's home :)

Exsqueeze me?

In about an hour or so I'd say. There's been a chunk generation issue, it's a known issue on Pixelmon and forge (see here). Top that off and the backup mods aren't working either. a 16x16 chunk was affected, hit mainly myself and Gav. You'll see when it's back on.

Top that off and the backup mods aren't working either. a 16x16 chunk was affected, hit mainly myself and Gav. You'll see when it's back on.

:/ I didn't want to hear that. I was so happy with how my house came out. Ugh...

Servers back up. You can see for yourself what happened. Feel free to spawn yourself some items to replace whatever was lost

Damage not too bad... Took out mostly yours and just a bit of mine and laura/blands

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

Teamspeak still down for everyone?

.... or just me missing the connection :/

TS is down alright. I'm at work so I can't have a look at it atm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement