Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza 4 Help?

• 03-01-2013 9:51am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

so ive checked search on this and their seems to be sweet f all on forza 4
    dont even think their was a main thread

anyhow i know the games like a year old now

only got it yesterday free with my new xbox

and basicly , i stink

in a race online no matter what class it is , when i pick a good car , with good speed lets say its a

class B car with 499 rating , theirs 7 other players in the game , all with class B cars rating from 400-500 most of them 500

aas soon as the race starts , im going ok , im about mid division , after the first lap , every other car is nearly a whole half a lap ahead of me? i dont understand it, i have the car going as fast as it can , im turning corners exceptionally well , sometimes brilliantly and yet everyone else seems to be miles ahead of me, i cant even find it competitive because i cant compete i join a race to come last :L very odd time id come across someone who has the same problem as me and at least i wont finish last but il finish 2nd last :pac:

anyone else have this problem? and how to fix it?
    im looking into buying cars from the auction house to use online
    and downloading other peoples tuning for cars because i cant seem to grasp it since im not that big into cars so i dont understand everything :(

other then that im enjoying the game :)

edit: seems as if the game was made for pure car enthusiasts and not for people who could just pick up and play
    like theirs a big learning curve , which i dont mind but i wish it would tell me how to actually get started properly online without getting my ass handed to me every race
    other wise il be playing tag it on the game for the rest my playing time :L

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

already used the search engine
    their is no main thread for forza 4
    racing sims and xbox forum is very inactive
    most people who do check their check the game forum first
    so id figure id get help quicker here first thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

in forza you have to ignore the car rating because there's always 1 car in each class that dominates. in most cases its something from a dlc pack to force you to buy it.

just find out what car everyone else is using and copy it is the only option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

You could look at the possibility of looking at a lower class 4wd car or one that could be modified as such, will give you more grip but i don't like the feel.

When setting up the cars I like to go for downforce and handling before power.
    Good tyres and suspension will get the power down and around corners.

Without them upgrades first you won't be getting around the track half as quick, no matter what power you have.

Also it just takes time to learn the feel of the cars, its realistic enough.
    Do you understand racing lines, braking points and throttle control etc?
    All these are essential in a more realistic game like forza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Another thing, Forza 4 is a tuner nuts paradise.

These guys have fune tuned the gear ratio, camber, suspension and the likes to a tee. So the car might say its a class B. But the way they have these cars you might as well be racing an S class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

You could try the races where everyone is in the same car with no mods, can't remember the name of the mode itself, but it might give you a good indicator of how good or bad you are

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

thank guys
    bought 2 cars of the auction house last night ( made some progross , didnt finish last every race but at least i finished the race ha
    thanks mise im gonna have a lookk tonight
    im bad but i know im not terrible enough to get over lapped every game unless im doing something wrong or unless their cars are modded to **** ha
    cant remember seeing a race with no mods or even with mods , cant remember seeing anyrace that does mods ha

races i most go for are circut class races , so lets say i do a class A race , all cars are class A but some people just have their cars modded to bits that their like super cars ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Vicxas wrote: »
    Another thing, Forza 4 is a tuner nuts paradise.

These guys have fune tuned the gear ratio, camber, suspension and the likes to a tee. So the car might say its a class B. But the way they have these cars you might as well be racing an S class.

This is the main thing. You need to look at what cars are at the top of the rankings for lap times, buy one of them and then buy a highly rated tuning setup. You may also need to change your car (or tuning setup) for each race, depending on the circuit.

When I played Forza 3, I stuck with a tuned Audi S5 (A Class) and couldn't figure out why I didn't do better in the races as I was always good at car games. It wasn't until Forza 4, when I started changing the car and trying different tuning setups that I really started to enjoy it, and win races in the process. It's a massive game, with incredible depth. Fortunately there are people out there who love the technical side of things and share their work with everyone else!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Did you expect to go online vs people who have the game almost a year and compete?

Play singleplayer for a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭DavidMelv

Try and tune and build your own cars... Players on Forza 4 are very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Bert Halligan

It is very hard to compete online. I found that as well. One thing that will make a huge difference is what assists you have on. Switching to manual gears has the potential to shave a good bit off your lap times. Although if you make a mess of shifting gears your times could get a lot worse as well.

Really though you will need a lot of practice before you will come close to actually winning a race online. Either play single player or find some friends at a similar level to yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

Tune tune tune to your hearts content..... its not all about putting all the best upgrades on a car as sometimes this will make the car heavier and could ruin it... you pretty much need to tune the car for the track you wish to race.... if its lots of corners you dont need a high top speed but you want a car that is going to accelerate quick out of the corners along with something with very good handling so you can enter the corners quick... typically 4 wheel drive cars will be high up there in the rankings due to grip when accelerating and also on corners... rear wheel drive can give you a lot of power at times but if you have traction off you may lose it in the corners from over steer and front wheel can be ok depending on the car (some have terrible under steer and almost need you to do 30mph going around a corner that others can hit at 100).

Wheels can make a big difference on weight especially in the standard everyday cars.

So what I suggest is buy a car that is quick-ish and upgrade and play with the likes of suspension height and rebound adjustment, downforce, gear ratio, brake force, camber and even psi and you might notice you knock a whole second off when it comes to 0-60 times... which means coming out of corners you'll be able to reach high speeds faster :).... its all about trial and error though.... in forza 2 one of the fastest cars was a golf r32 with an engine convertion... in forza 4 I have the odd bmw that will do 0-60 in like 1.8 seconds so just keep tuning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Sorry for bumping this thread lads but it's the first Forza thread I came across after using the search function.
    I am and always have been a complete Forzaholic since day one. I love racing online and I can usually hold my own against the best of them.
    I use a Fanatec wheel and a set of Clubsport pedals, they're a great bit of kit.
    If any of you guys ever need any help or advice online just track me down, I'll be only too happy help anyway I can with tunes or cars or whatever.
    My Xbox Live GT is JOCKEYS I3LOX - It used to be JOCKEYS I3OLLIX until someone squealed on me!

Good luck.

Advertisement