Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Railway. Any Old photographs? 1900-1930.

Options
  • 03-01-2013 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

Did anyone visit the recent "open day' at Sligo Railway station on 3rd December 2012?

If so, were there any photos on display from the 1900-1930 particularly showing employees?

I'm trying to research details of family members who worked on the rail during that time (I have contacted Dublin archives office but no response as yet....).

Any ideas where records of Great Southern and Western Railway employees or photos may be held and viewed apart from Dublin, perhaps in local private collections?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Have you tried asking in the offices of the Sligo Champion? Whilst it may be a more limited collection it'd be a good starting point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Have you tried asking in the offices of the Sligo Champion? Whilst it may be a more limited collection it'd be a good starting point.

Thanks for the reminder on that Foxyvixen. I searched the microfiche and copies of papers from that time in the Champion Office archives a while ago, but didn't think of asking if they have a separate photo archive...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Aidan from the Record Room was involved in that talk so it might be worth asking him.

Advertisement