Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Anthem

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

kneemos wrote: »
    Respect for what?At an international match it stirs up the ferver or at some state ceremony or something otherwise it's like a square in a round hole.

In your opinion.

Personally regardless of where it is played I would stand for the Anthem, it's not for me to say what others should or shouldn't do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

ghogie91 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is there a severe lack of the national anthem being played after DJs are finished the night?

Was a welcome tradition and I am pretty pee'd off that it is not done anymore!

Im only a youngling but still like

Having wasted people mangle the antional anthem is insulting.

Sing it properly, with the respect it deserves, or not at all.

(not patriotic myself, just have some respect is all i'm saying...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

they always play it at the end of the night in the pub my parents drink in and on the occasional time I go down there drinking with them, they always make me stand.

I dont see the point of it at all and see it as a bit of a mood killer. For my 21st I asked for 2 songs not to be played - The Irish Anthem and Sweet Caroline. (The aulones in my family have it played at EVERYTHING)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

ghogie91 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is there a severe lack of the national anthem being played after DJs are finished the night?

Was a welcome tradition and I am pretty pee'd off that it is not done anymore!

Im only a youngling but still like

Thank goodness. It was absolutely disrespectful to play the anthem at a period where drunken moron are listening and roaring.

Advertisement