Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact info for letting agent

Options
  • 03-01-2013 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭

I only have a first name and mobile number for my new letting agent. This was given to us by out old letting agent but he gave no more information. I am very uncomfortable with this lack of basic info and I have contacted both and have been ignored. What information am I legally entitled to? If there is an emergency or repairs are needed we won't be able to contact anyone! It's a shared apt so I wasn't involved when the apt was first leased and I'm not on the lease.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

You are entitled to the contact information of the landlord (this is a legal obligation on their part), or if the landlord chooses to assign the agent to act on their behalf then they must inform you in writing and provide their details. The old letting agent should not have given you the details of the new letting agent; it is up to your landlord to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

They could work in the same company for all I know. He was very short and rude on the phone and his English isn't great so we got very little information. It's all very strange!

Advertisement