Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

container to keep food hot for hiking?

Options
  • 03-01-2013 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Any one got a recommendation for a container to keep food hot ( 4 / 5 hours) while hiking?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

jrby wrote: »
    Any one got a recommendation for a container to keep food hot ( 4 / 5 hours) while hiking?

Any food flask will do the job for four or five hours, I think. A Thermos brand one I use will keep stuff hot enough for about 12 hours if you preheat the flask and put it in piping.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jrby

Thanks, but i was looking for something where i wouldn't have to chop the food up to get it into a flask

jrby wrote: »
    Thanks, but i was looking for something where i wouldn't have to chop the food up to get it into a flask

You don't have to with a food flask, unless you want to bring an entire ham, or something. They're basically insulated pots with a lid.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

If I was out for that long, I'd be bringing my trusty Trangia.

234801.JPG

• Advertisement

If I was out for that long, I'd be bringing my trusty Trangia.

Ah, I'm no stranger to cooking on the hills, but for a dayhike, food flasks are king. No set-up, no fuel, no waiting, just your grub and on you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Donny5 wrote: »
    Ah, I'm no stranger to cooking on the hills, but for a dayhike, food flasks are king. No set-up, no fuel, no waiting, just your grub and on you go.

that's grand, I just find it satisfying to take some time out and cook up something. Amazon have a decent selection of food flasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Tabnabs wrote: »

That particular thermos food flask gets very good reviews on amazon.co.uk.

Advertisement