Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkrun..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭yankinlk

fab run in killaloe, clarisford today. was chilly, and a little wet at the start, but not slippy, glad i went. i think i managed a pb, altho its only my 2nd go.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Job done. Last 500m were a killer, up a tiny hill, chilly wind into the face. It was over in no time. Think I finished around 24:30. I'll do it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

beertons wrote: »
    Job done. Last 500m were a killer, up a tiny hill, chilly wind into the face. It was over in no time. Think I finished around 24:30. I'll do it again.

Couldn't do Naas today but looked like a decent turn out from the pics

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Got up early, ran the 7.5 miles to parkrun along some icy paths. parkrun was cancelled due to ice. Ran 7.5 miles back home again after doing a couple of laps on the grass next to the parkrun course.

Could have been better day and got another one towards the next tshirt, but got some miles in regardless. There is always next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭edisonolmy

Tralee starting next Saturday. I'm hoping for decent weather. It's a long way for me to go.

Parkrun is a great excuse for getting out and seeing more of the country. When else in my life would I have ever visited Vicarstown or Bere Island?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

edisonolmy wrote: »
    Tralee starting next Saturday. I'm hoping for decent weather. It's a long way for me to go.

Parkrun is a great excuse for getting out and seeing more of the country. When else in my life would I have ever visited Vicarstown or Bere Island?

Is that Belfast to Tralee for 9am?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

How many have you done?
    Do you plan to get to all venues in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

Wow edisonolmy - 30 different parkruns thats some record you have , when you're down in Dublin again come on over to Griffeen would love to meet you :-) Ed

Yes 30 in total, although a couple of friends of mine, who also plan to go to Tralee, are in the 40s.

How did you track my profile down? Not too hard I guess.

I want to run one in every county, although know that's not possible yet. I hope to have all the northern ones done by the end of this year.

I hope to do one in Poland when Ireland are over there for the qualifier in October.

Well I'm humbled at your dedication for me Griffeen is on my doorstep , fall out of bed and I'm at the start :-) and as I said do drop on over lovely to have you in Griffeen whenever you're down next ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kayleen

Edisonomly you will be very welcome to Lees Road in Ennis, Co. Clare from March for Parkrun Ennis :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭jfh

Kayleen wrote: »
    Edisonomly you will be very welcome to Lees Road in Ennis, Co. Clare from March for Parkrun Ennis :-)
    great to have another in clare,
    whats the start date for this?
    it will be through the paths in the woods right?

Kayleen wrote: »

This is fantastic news. I haven't been to Ennis in about 20 years. I also recently learned that my great grandparents lived in Sixmilebridge for a number of years, so it's the perfect excuse to explore the wider area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Run and Jump

I'll be at the Tralee parkrun too - my hometown, and first time running there since school sports!

The Tralee course mightn't be to everyone's liking - three laps, and hopefully there won't be too many people out walking on the church side of the park. But it's a nice rolling loop.

Lees Road looks like a fantastic location for a parkrun ( hopefully starting and finishing on the running track :-) ) good luck I'm sure it will be a success...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kayleen

Yes it's great to have another one in Clare. Clarisford Park is excellent but a little far to travel from Ennis every Saturday.
    The planned start date for Ennis is Saturday March 7th and yes I believe it will be through the woods. Clare Sports Partnership are the organisers of this 065-6865434.

March 7 would be perfect. New Ross is also looking to start late Feb/early March. Hopefully the two won't be on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭slingerz

Great to see so many new parkruns starting up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Where's the New Ross one going to be? Kennedy Park? Or is that too obvious?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Where's the New Ross one going to be? Kennedy Park? Or is that too obvious?!

Apparently so, rumours of one in Johnstown Castle as well.

• Advertisement

pointer28 wrote: »
    Apparently so, rumours of one in Johnstown Castle as well.

I too had heard there would be more than one starting in Wexford this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Where's the New Ross one going to be? Kennedy Park?

Correct. Hopefully be getting a few test runs in coming weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Can someone send me a link to where i can buy the wristband from Parkrun?
    Looking on parkrun.ie but i can't find it.
    Thanks

http://www.parkrun-barcode.org.uk/parkrun-wristbands-ra3.aspx
    these atr the silicone barcodes from ERS ..in the UK - contribution from sales goes to parkrun Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Here you go. http://www.parkrun-barcode.org.uk/ Reckon you need to use Parcel Motel to get it delivered as they only deilver to the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭diego_b

I bought one of these before Christmas, it's a grand band and I'd expect it to last fairly well.
    I actually wear it everytime I go running now when I think of it, most of my runs are on my own and I like having the contact details there for someone in case something happens me.
    I have my wife's contact number, my blood type and an allergy I have noted too.

I bought the medium band and would expect it would work for most, takes a sec to work it over my hand but it's plenty big on my wrist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Thanks guys, never used parcelmotel but i'll look into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭diego_b

They deliver to Ireland from that site now, they didn't up until about 2/3 months ago (it's and extra 2/3 pound or so).
    All in all it works out around 20 euro for the band inc vat and delivery, it's very expensive for what it is (a printed on rubber band) but the money is going to a good organization so nice to contribute something small.
    I haven't had a chance to do a parkrun with it yet so just to be sure when I next do one in a few weeks I'm going to bring my normal laminated barcode just in case but haven't heard any reports of anyone having issues with the wrist band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I also bought one of the bands. It is cheaper now to not use parcelmotel. Just deliver to your normal address. Scans no bother. I also use it now for all my races in case something happens. For 20eur it is great peace of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

I also bought one of the bands. It is cheaper now to not use parcelmotel. Just deliver to your normal address. Scans no bother. I also use it now for all my races in case something happens. For 20eur it is great peace of mind.

+1. Works no bother.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement