Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Bike?

Options
  • 03-01-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hey fellas,

I have a bike with a bent front tire and strange clicking noises from the forward gears. While it still runs straight, I don't especially trust it.

I've had it in the shops and already know that nothing can be done about the front tire as it has a special dynamo hub and either the whole wheel would need to be replaced or a rim fitted.
    Costs would probably run me the price of a slightly cheaper bike.

Now for the question: Where can I legally dispose of my bike? I can't put it in the bin, don't want it in the river and I'm not sure if anyone would be willing to buy it.

Does anybody here have an idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Metal Bin in a recycle centre...Raffeen definitely has a metal bin.City dump recycle centre also has one I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

DeleveleD wrote: »
    Hey fellas,

I have a bike with a bent front tire and strange clicking noises from the forward gears. While it still runs straight, I don't especially trust it.

I've had it in the shops and already know that nothing can be done about the front tire as it has a special dynamo hub and either the whole wheel would need to be replaced or a rim fitted.
    Costs would probably run me the price of a slightly cheaper bike.

Now for the question: Where can I legally dispose of my bike? I can't put it in the bin, don't want it in the river and I'm not sure if anyone would be willing to buy it.

Does anybody here have an idea?

Try Cork Cycling Festival - they may have a use for it as they repair scapped bikes and spares etc may be of use for parts or for other purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Cork community bike's would take it off you and re-use as much of the part's as possible.They are near the tax office in Blackpool,at the old convent.You might even find they have the right part for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Put it outside the tesco on Paul Street for a day with no lock.

Come back in the evening to make sure its gone, just in case, but I'm sure if it has a hub dynamo it won't take long for it to go

Advertisement