Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog friendly in Cork

• 03-01-2013 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Was down in Cork over the weekend and discovered the following spots which were very dog friendly:

The Friary Lodge
    In Kinsale (and apparently just around the corner from somewhere called "Fishy, Fishy" which many of my friends gave out that we didn't visit while we were there), this is a lovely B&B with large rooms, friendly staff and a really extensive breakfast menu (e.g. catch of the day with smoked salmon or Baileys porridge). Were lovely to us and our 70kg of dogs (2 of).

The Roundy Bar
    Just on the corner of Grand Parade and Patrick Street (just opposite McDonalds there) the staff were happy for us to chill out in the outdoor seating with our two and a friends dog.

Lastly, there was the wonderful Fionnbarra Bar where the staff graciously left us bring the dogs through to their heated, covered beer/smoking garden area and came over to pet/adore the dogs, offer us water, etc for them. Couple that with their fantastic accents (real, thick Corkonian blas!) and we were happy as clams there through about 2 hours of rain :)

<edit> spelling/syntax mistakes </edit>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

The raven up from the roundy were always happy to let me bring my dog in! The first day I had her tied up outside while I was ordering my pint and the girl actually told me to bring her in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Evac101 wrote: »
    Was down in Cork over the weekend and discovered the following spots which were very dog friendly:

The Friary Lodge
    In Kinsale (and apparently just around the corner from somewhere called "Fishy, Fishy" which many of my friends gave out that we didn't visit while we were there), this is a lovely B&B with large rooms, friendly staff and a really extensive breakfast menu (e.g. catch of the day with smoked salmon or Baileys porridge). Were lovely to us and our 70kg of dogs (2 of).

The Roundy Bar
    Just on the corner of Grand Parade and Patrick Street (just opposite McDonalds there) the staff were happy for us to chill out in the outdoor seating with our two and a friends dog.

Lastly, there was the wonderful Fionnbarra Bar where the staff graciously left us bring the dogs through to their heated, covered beer/smoking garden area and came over to pet/adore the dogs, offer us water, etc for them. Couple that with their fantastic accents (real, thick Corkonian blas!) and we were happy as clams there through about 2 hours of rain :)

<edit> spelling/syntax mistakes </edit>
    dog friendly ireland,says there are 4 pet friendly hotels in cork,include comfort inn,radisson blu hotel and the spar

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Fair point however when I tried contacting many of the places which are advertised as pet friendly they seemed to have weird restrictions regarding size/nature/number of the pet(s) and quite a few of them are now out-of-business (e.g. Glencairn Inn). Just thought it would be useful for others to give personal experience recommendations ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Evac101 wrote: »
    Fair point however when I tried contacting many of the places which are advertised as pet friendly they seemed to have weird restrictions regarding size/nature/number of the pet(s) and quite a few of them are now out-of-business (e.g. Glencairn Inn). Just thought it would be useful for others to give personal experience recommendations ;)
    never mind, take a ferry over to the lake district,many hotels and pubs not only allow dogs in their restaurants the even have a doggy menu ie doggy chewy 50 p

Advertisement