Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android genealogy apps

• 03-01-2013 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any good android apps for displaying family tree information? I presume that there must be some good GEDCOM viewers and I will have a dig around to see what's out there. I was wondering what others here use in this regard?

I know it wouldn't be great from a data input point of view, but really what I'm looking for is a quick reference sort of thing which can be used to quickly check something . . . like when someone says "do you know when great great great aunty Mary had her children and where she is buried?" This isn't the sort of information I might keep in my head. While it's on the laptop, it can take a fair while to get it started, get gramps loaded, etc . . . and there's a good chance I will have forgotten the request by the time everything is ready.

So, in short, what android apps do others use?

z

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I use the Ancestry app but I guess you'd have to have an account with them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭AD61

I use ezGED Viewer - its slow on an android phone, but great on a tablet.

Advertisement