Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reported post bug

Options
  • 03-01-2013 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭

I reported a post in the ladies lounge on mobile and when I went back to the recent thread screen, I could see the thread in the reported post forum. I couldn't click through to it as I don't have access so I'm not exactly sure why it came up on my page.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

I reported a post earlier on today and after reporting it I was able to see the Reported Post thread in the list of latest posts. I could see "post by **** reported by Bloodwing". I was on the touch site when i reported it and i can only see it on the touch site, it's not appearing on the full site. When i log out on the touch site it's no longer visible. I can also see who else is posting in this thread as the name of the last poster changes and as they post. I have screenshots if required.

Just realized there's already a thread on this. My bad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Threads merged. Thanks for the bug reports, we'll investigate this as soon as we can. I do believe it's only something that you as the reporter can see and that your reports are not showing up for other users who are not moderators.

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Hi, using the touch site, noticed a few of the latest posts have "reported by (name of reportee)" in brackets beside them .

Saw one or 2 last night and another just now .

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Can you get a screenshot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Sorry no can do. Phone im using wont as its fecked. One was a post I reported but the others were other users.

• Advertisement

Strange, I don't see anything in your AdminCP profile that would show this, I don't see this kind of info when I look.

Moved to SiteDev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Ta, merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Hope this is the right place a few mins ago after making a post in after hours I returned to the front page to see a reported post message ,saying that I reported a post ,

It's an existing issue, attempts to view the thread should prove unsuccessful. I've merged your thread with the existing bug report, thanks for letting us know.

Danny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It's an existing issue, attempts to view the thread should prove unsuccessful. I've merged your thread with the existing bug report, thanks for letting us know.

Danny
    Thanks danny ,first I actually seen it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

This happened to me also. Although you cannot open the thread/post, it does show you how much replies there has been to the post (I presume this is how many times people have reported the same post) and also I could see 'Last post by xxx' (I presume this is the last person who reported the post)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

After reporting a post I can now see my report in a thread belonging to a "reported posts" forum. Is this new and can I see it because I reported the post? I can't view anything else in the forum.
    Using touch on android running chrome.

Not new and a pre-existing bug. I'll merge your bug report in there now

So we've tracked down this one, it was an interesting bug :) Within a day or so this won't be happening any more.

Thanks to those of you who reported it, much appreciated.

Danny

And resolved

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement