Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mycharity.ie Question

• 03-01-2013 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Had a search of the forum but couldnt find any info I needed. I am just wondering about the mycharity.ie website. I am raising money for Niall Mellon Township Trust and was wondering how the money donated through mycharity would be forwarded on to NMTT, so as they know it's come from me? It might sound like a stupid question......but do they just match up the account names, or is there a reference number used or something? :confused::confused::confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

I've worked with this before, on the side where the charity was collecting the funds from mycharity. Mycharity take a cut which reduces the size of your funds raised, and the remainder is passed on to the charity and they can see exactly who (you) it has come from.

It's a reasonable fee they charge, they do all the credit card transactions etc, and for the charity it's cheaper then setting up their own payment processing/fundraising page secure web system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭rob w

Thanks for the reply, yeah thats what i wanted to know. I was aware they charge a fee but its only 3% as far as I can tell, and I plan on raising most of the money offline anyway, its just handy to have the on-line option too.

Advertisement