Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A patch is preventing the system from starting

Options
  • 03-01-2013 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Cant boot in to a Windows 7 machine. Its says a patch is preventing the system from starting. System restore error code 0x0. There are no system restore points to restore to. I cant get into safe mode. Help !
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Cant boot in to a Windows 7 machine. Its says a patch is preventing the system from starting. System restore error code 0x0. There are no system restore points to restore to. I cant get into safe mode. Help !

Slap in the cd and do a repair install.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 activityyup

I got the cd from dell, will that do the same job as the windows cd ?
    It says on the cd - reinstallation dvd, windows 7 sp1 32 bit. I dont want to reinstall, i want to repair it. Can i do the system repair from this cd ?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

when you boot from the cd it will give you an option to repair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Happened to me on an acer too, it's not just Dell.

I eventually got to a restore point by using the F6 menu from startup, rolled back and turned off auto updates.

Advertisement