Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polish Shops in Cork City and the suburbs

Options
  • 03-01-2013 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭

Hi there! I'm looking for some Polish shops in the city and the surrounding area. Does anyone know any?!

The only open one I know of is the Polish shop in Ballincollig, here. The shops on Tuckey street and Academy street (Back in the USSR) are both now closed.

(I'm looking for fresh yeast, and the Ballincollig store is out of it. They also sell fresh yeast in the healthfood shop in the English market but it's over 5 times more expensive than in the Polish shop. :rolleyes:)

Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I think there is one next to O'Sullivans pub in Douglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 damp glasses

carrigaline has two of them and theres a wholesaler on the xhaven road near the sorting office (an phoist)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

There's Pewex on Leitrim Street - near the lapdancing club - and Polonez on Watercourse Road that I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

There is supermax in Douglas wollen mill's.Not sure if they have yeast,I just go in there for flavored water as it is 30c cheeper per bottle than tesco.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mincork

I think there is also one in St Patrick Terrace , Douglas , just past DJ Cabs , across the road from tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

There's one in Paul St. shopping centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

There's a Polonez in Blackpool too.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭meitina

There is a big shop on Beasley St just off Oliver Plunkett st.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

meitina wrote: »
    There is a big shop on Beasley St just off Oliver Plunkett st.

Lituanica.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Cheers for the replies all! Went to Polonez on Watercourse Road in the end and got the yeast, for 7 times cheaper than the English Market (45c/100g versus €3.33/100g). Love multiculturalism!! :D

Advertisement