Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30th Birthday Ideas (friends all over the place)

Options
  • 03-01-2013 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi All,

So the dilemma is:

My 30th is coming up in a few months and I am trying to think up some ideas of what to do to mark the event. The problem is that most of the people I would love to spend it with are dotted all over the country including the North. Logistically I am stumped as to what to do that could include all these people.

So...I just wanted to see does anyone have any ideas/suggestions of what I could look into doing? Initially I was thinking of having a weekend party type thing at my family home which is hidden away in the Kerry countryside but I'm not sure if this would work..

All suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tosser5

Going to Kerry sounds like a plan and everyone loves Kerry it is so beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭KMM

It does alright and would be my preference.

But is it ok to expect people to travel?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'd say it is ok to ask people to travel provided you give them lots of notice AND that you are prepared for the fact that some people will not be able to. Time off work, cost of travelling, babysitters or anything else could prevent them going so just be prepared for the fact that not everyone you invite will be able to make it, maybe more than if it was just a night out near where they live.

With so many people scattered around you won't suit everyone so the best thing is to suit yourself and your family and then understand that some people will do their best and some people simply won't be able to make it.

Advertisement