Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone - Locking you into another 12 months

• 03-01-2013 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

Just a warning on this I took a call from vodafone rep today, they have been trying to phone me a few times at this stage promising to offer me a better price/deal.

I have ultimate broadband + off peak calls for 52 euros a month.

Took the call and was told they couldnt offer a better price however they could lock my current price for the next 12 months. When I queried this it became clear even though my current contract had not expired I would be locked into a further 12 months which would only benefit me if they decided to increase their prices. (I wonder what would happen if the price dropped??)

As far as I understand since I am still in contract if they increase the price I can cancel the contract? I could see no benefit from my side to agreeing to this, just seemed a devious way to stop customers from moving.

I told her I would rather wait until Skys broadband offering came out as I have TV with them and I'm looking to bundle all together to make a saving...

X

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I also got a call but it worked out well for me. I was paying €45 for 8mb with 300gb allowance, they have now up the speed to 24mb, of which I get about 15/16mb because it's all my line can take and the price is €10 cheaper at €35. I am locked in for another 12 months but with no UPC in my area I'm happy with the offer

Advertisement