Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uploading a NetBeans web application to the internet.

Options
  • 03-01-2013 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hello to all,

I developed a e-commerce web application in NetBeans (with GlassFish server) using JavaEE technologies. I made an account at freehosting.com, however I am confused about where I should put my .java, .xml, .jsp files and JDBC driver.

Freehosting gave me a cPanel to upload my files. I figured I have to put all the files that I want to be visible into the public_html folder, but I'm not sure if I should put the .xml and .java files in there as well. Could someone advise me about this?

There's a phpmyadmin tool for creating a MySQL database and I've managed to set that up, but I don't know where to put the JDBC driver.The NetBeans e-commerce tutorial mentions putting the driver in the server's lib folder, but I can't find that.

If anyone could give me advice on how I can sort this out it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

Advertisement