Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC customers with 100 free mins (phone bundle) check your bill for charged calls

• 03-01-2013 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

UPC attempted to overcharge us money this month on <50 mins of calls we made in the past month.

When customer support was emailed, they responded saying the "cost of calls has been refunded" whereas they only returned just over half of the money.

Upon contact again, somebody rectified the situation... hopefully. We'll know when the money goes out.

If the figure wasn't significant (to us), we wouldn't have noticed really, so I don't want others in the same boat to be caught.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I just check the past couple of months on my bill and have noticed they never included the 100 min calls apart of the bundle.

Interesting if this effects a lot of people. Keeping in mind that a lot of people are getting the bundle simply because it's cheaper for the broadband in the end and probably aren't aware of the free 100 mins.

Going to have to give them a shout to sort this out. I have had nothing for bill trouble from them over the past few months and finally thought it was sorted, that turns out not to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fellow25

Hi All,

I recently got Upc's Fibre Power Essential bundle which includes Home Phone with Anywhere 100 at the beginning of November last year. I have had issues with Upc on every bill they have sent me to date and have had to contact them at least once every time to try and resolve issues.

It took the third bill before they charged the correct subscription for the Fibre Power Essential bundle. The way the bill is presented is confusing and could be clearer.

I still have issues regarding their phone charges which they have not addressed and I am awaiting their response. Their advertising of the Anywhere 100 package gives the impression that you are getting 100 free minutes of calls when in fact it should be 100 free 'billing' minutes. Upc round the time on calls up to the nearest minute e.g. if you make a 2 second call it will be rounded up to 1 minute! In my November bill my 100 'free' minutes amounted to 73 actual minutes! They also appear to have the incorrect tariff for Anywhere calls displayed on their website for local/national/Irish mobile - I have been charged 22 cent/minute before VAT compared to 20.33 cent/minute incl VAT as shown in their tariff page. An interesting point to note with their charges, it is cheaper to call a USA/Canada mobile at 12 cent/minute compared to local/national/Irish mobile!!

Upc need competition unfortunately before they get their house in order.

I will probably have more issues with next month's bill.

Frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fellow25

I have discovered the discrepancy in the phone call rate charging noted in my previous post - my fault for misinterpreting the tariffs.

The Upc tariff rates are correct. The rates (incl VAT) for local/national/Irish mobile are 20.33 cent/minute plus 7 cent set-up charge. Time on individual calls are rounded up to the nearest minute, therefore a 10 second call will cost you 27 cent and a 4 minute 05 second call will cost you €1.09!!

Needless to say it's out with the stopwatch and time watching calls something I haven't done in years after leaving Eircom.

Advertisement