Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mancini vs Balotelli.

Comments

ah bollox :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Looks like they are messing about.

edit: I'm wrong, seen second pics HA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Its about time Mancini read him the riot act

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Meh, just like before it'll be passed off as nothing more than passion and the world will continue to turn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

In one picture Mancini is holding off Balotelli with one hand with his legs crossed. Even when it comes to a scuffle Mancini remains typically Italian, tremendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

the lad is so bad, the way people go on you'd swear he's one of those troubled players whose flaws should be overlooked because of what he brings on the pitch, but he's actually redic bad. What does he do, ever? He's a legend for stuff off the pitch, not on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Wouldn't mess with Mancini, I'd say he'd take Balo in a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

SOLD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Looking forward to the epic rap battle :-p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

EdenHazard wrote: »
    the lad is so bad, the way people go on you'd swear he's one of those troubled players whose flaws should be overlooked because of what he brings on the pitch, but he's actually redic bad. What does he do, ever? He's a legend for stuff off the pitch, not on it

He's over rated but to say he is redic bad is a redic statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Really? Apart from been a head case the guy has all the physical ability to be an excellent player, mentally he isnt all there and it will probably cost him what should be a very promising career, but calling him a bad player is wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

He drives a 'camouflage' car for jaysis sake, the lad ain't right in the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Savman wrote: »
    He drives a 'camouflage' car for jaysis sake, the lad ain't right in the head.
    What is it with crazy city players and their flamboyant cars eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Mancini wont be pushed around

ask Liam Brady:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

He drove off in a camouflaged car. Didnt see that coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

He was so bored one night he set fire to his bathroom! :eek:

Looks like handbags to be honest.

godtabh wrote: »
    He drove off in a camouflaged car. Didnt see that coming

We have a winner........

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Really? Apart from been a head case the guy has all the physical ability to be an excellent player, mentally he isnt all there and it will probably cost him what should be a very promising career, but calling him a bad player is wrong.

Im not one who would want City to win:

When they are drawing/losing with 20 minutes to go and I see they are bringing Dzeko on, I get nervous.

When they are drawing/losing with 20 minutes to go and I see they are bringing Balotelli on, I am indifferent, chances are they are bringing off a better player.

You can talk about raw ability etc, but as a professional footballer he is totally useless imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Clown of the highest order, he wouldnt last 5 mins if Ferguson was his manager. Mancini showing himself to be very weak when it comes to discipline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Won't be long until the LADotelli comment pop up on Facebook. They're so funny.

You can talk about raw ability etc, but as a professional footballer he is totally useless imo.

Played a big part when City destroyed United last year, scored two goals to put Italy into the EC final.

Your comment is totally wrong.

Balotelli like any footballer will put a performance or two. However I'm talking about when people say this guy could be a world class player. He hasn't got one stand out attribute that leads me to believe he could be one of the best in the world. He doesn't look good anyway, when he gets the ball he doesn't seem like a natural footballer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'm an Inter fan. When he is on fire he is on fire but the problem is he is very inconsistent. He can be brilliant one week and then the next week you wonder how he ever became a professional football player!

Jose got the best out of him as he was able to manage him. Not sure other managers can

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Played a big part when City destroyed United last year, scored two goals to put Italy into the EC final.

Your comment is totally wrong.

My comment was predominantly my opinion, not sure how it could be deemed as wrong.

I'd hope you are basing your judgement of Balotelli on more than two games? Here, the FA Cup final in 2011, he was decent in that. Theres three, but still not enough to warrant playing at that level, that salary, that behaviour. He doesnt come near adding enough to the team as what he should.

Balotelli like any footballer will put a performance or two. However I'm talking about when people say this guy could be a world class player. He hasn't got one stand out attribute that leads me to believe he could be one of the best in the world. He doesn't look good anyway, when he gets the ball he doesn't seem like a natural footballer.

I can name a few, hes what 6ft 1, strong, quicker then most in the league, good off both feet, decent finisher and hes aware enough to bring others into the game, add that all up and you have potentially a very good CF.

His attitude and mentality leave allowed to be desired on the pitch and thats what will cost him in the long term, he'll be recognised for been a waste of could have been supreme talent.

At the end of the day its all down to Mario and it does look like from the outside, that hes pissing away his career and ability, that if he was to cut the crap, which doesnt ever look like happening, he could be an excellent player.

My comment was predominantly my opinion, not sure how it could be deemed as wrong.

I'd hope you are basing your judgement of Balotelli on more than two games? Here, the FA Cup final in 2011, he was decent in that. Theres three, but still not enough to warrant playing at that level, that salary, that behaviour. He doesnt come near adding enough to the team as what he should.

He doesn't come anywhere near the hype that surrounds him as I have already said, but to say he is totally useless would imply that he hasn't done anything of note in his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

He went in too strongly on Sinclair according to some media sources.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/balotelli-clashes-with-mancini-at-training-ground-579838.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Mancini and Balotelli are like father and son, fights like this don't matter.
    It's the footballing side of things that will make Mancini sell him.
    Any other manager wouldn't have him or would have sold him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Unmanageable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

JPA wrote: »
    Mancini and Balotelli are like father and son, fights like this don't matter.
    It's the footballing side of things that will make Mancini sell him.
    Any other manager wouldn't have him or would have sold him.

That's just stupid if Mancini thinks like that. Fair enough Balotelli has a lot of talent but he has only one goal in the league this season.

Unless there is something that we don't know then I don't think Mancini can make any more excuses for him.

I think that's what the guy is saying. MB's personality won't be thge reason Mancini sells, it will be his complete lack of doing anything on the pitch

Turtyturd wrote: »
    He doesn't come anywhere near the hype that surrounds him as I have already said, but to say he is totally useless would imply that he hasn't done anything of note in his career.

I can understand what you mean, but from where I'm coming from is his overall contribution to the team. His attitude and behavior can only be a hindrance to the team. It must unsettle at least some of them, and therefore hinders their efforts to achieve things:

Examples:
    That free kick fiasco with Kolarov last season.
    Taking Man City to a tribunal.
    The number of red cards he gets.

There are other examples but with Balotelli, its hard to know which are valid and which are made up.

Weigh it all up, and I would deem the guy (as a professional footballer) as useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Mario overrated, but he could be very good, but so volatile and inconsistent, his talents will probably never mature. No big club will take a risk with him. Mancini should have replaced him last season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Mancini look more like Keggy Keegle every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Why is Mancini playing in a training match anyway? Isn't that asking for trouble? He should be on the outside, dispassionate. He looks anything like that in those pics.

He'll need to take care, Jose could be replacing him this summer if he doesn't win the league again, already out of the CL...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

He's the footballing version of lindsay lohan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Cue the Cuban missile crisis style coverage in tomorrows ''news''papers

I'm sure these two multi millionaires will be ok, whatever the fall out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I can understand what you mean, but from where I'm coming from is his overall contribution to the team. His attitude and behavior can only be a hindrance to the team. It must unsettle at least some of them, and therefore hinders their efforts to achieve things:

Examples:
    That free kick fiasco with Kolarov last season.
    Taking Man City to a tribunal.
    The number of red cards he gets.

There are other examples but with Balotelli, its hard to know which are valid and which are made up.

Weigh it all up, and I would deem the guy (as a professional footballer) as useless.
    Didn't he crack one into the top corner about 3 minutes after that incident?

Completely bewildering to see people say he has no talent. He has shown plenty of talent and well his achievements at the age of 22 say a lot:
    Internazionale
    Serie A (3): 2007–08, 2008–09, 2009–10
    Coppa Italia (1): 2009–10
    Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2008
    UEFA Champions League (1): 2009–10
    Manchester City
    Premier League (1): 2011–12
    FA Cup (1): 2010–11
    Individual
    Golden Boy Award (1): 2010
    FA Cup Final Man of the Match (1): 2011

Also in spite of his attitude/being sent off/lots of sub appearancs/playing on the wing, he has a better than 1 in 3 goal record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

A highly fancied German national team might disagree with you on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Never disliked a professional athlete as much as Balotelli. Undoubtedly has all the ability required to be a premier league and international footballer, as he has shown in games. However he is a complete liability, he doesn't care about his team, his team mates, his manager, just himself. Doesn't hesitate in getting in scraps with team mates and in this case his manager. I have only seen him play a handful of good games, but between sendings off, fights, ridiculous tricks which don't work, work rate, I have seen him play a lot of games where his team might as well have been playing with 10 players.

If I was Mancini I would get him out of there asap, it would be interesting to see who would take the chance on him then. Will he ever mature or will he always just be a headcase?

AdamD wrote: »
    Didn't he crack one into the top corner about 3 minutes after that incident?

He did but this is besides the point I'm making. Scoring a goal doesn't justify him causing a rift amongst his own team. Mancini came out afterwards and said he had played badly that day.
    AdamD wrote: »
    Also in spite of his attitude/being sent off/lots of sub appearancs/playing on the wing, he has a better than 1 in 3 goal record.

Down to 1 in 7 this season according to the BBC article I just read on the bust up this morning. I know he hasnt had many starts which inflates it a bit.

Fair enough there are reasons to love him and reasons to hate him. I'll leave with saying that I wouldnt want him playing in my team, heck I should be hoping City keep him given how I see him.

BTW his "official" Twitter account is by miles the best thing I'm following. Great laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Did you watch the Euros?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

He might have few screws loose somewhere, but to say he is poor player is lol with bit more lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

token101 wrote: »
    Did you watch the Euros?

Balotelli wasn't that great during the Euros. He had one brilliant performance against Germany, he did nothing special (in my opinion...) for the rest of the tournament.

Against Spain in the group stages, he was awful and subbed. He was subbed again against Croatia and he scored one against a useless Irish team.

Can't remember him doing much against England. Great against Germany and didn't do anything in the final. But, in fairness, no striker would have done much against Spain that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Balotelli wasn't that great during the Euros. He had one brilliant performance against Germany, he did nothing special (in my opinion...) for the rest of the tournament.

Against Spain in the group stages, he was awful and subbed.

He was not awful, imo. He played one of the best centre forward games I ever saw from a player, along with Cassano. His energy, his movement, his pressing. It was fantastic. He then did the following, and was promptly subbed:

The miss is all people remember from that game but until that point, Balotelli gave a textbook performance imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

He acts like a spoilt child. He needs to grow up and realise he is earning money to play football and score goals not go ****ing around trying to create some image as if everyone thinks he's great. His ego is far too big to be a professional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Here's a question for the Balotelli fans. If your club had £25m to spend, would you be happy if they signed him?
    Im not one who would want City to win:

When they are drawing/losing with 20 minutes to go and I see they are bringing Dzeko on, I get nervous.

When they are drawing/losing with 20 minutes to go and I see they are bringing Balotelli on, I am indifferent, chances are they are bringing off a better player.

Agree with that. For what he does on the pitch he's not a good player. It's no use being so inconsistant. And when he's bad, he looks so disinterested.
    Someone mentioned that Fergie wouldn't put up with him. Sure Berbatov scored a bag load of goals for united and that wasn't good enough because of his attitude. Not a hope the likes of Balotelli would get near a man-u team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

why do people always leave out wages?

• Advertisement
Advertisement