Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mancini vs Balotelli.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

430882_429928337076336_1361621173_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Cienciano wrote: »
    Sure Berbatov scored a bag load of goals for united and that wasn't good enough because of his attitude.*

*Citation Needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Sure Berbatov scored a bag load of goals for united and that wasn't good enough because of his attitude. Not a hope the likes of Balotelli would get near a man-u team.
    Berbatovs attitude was outstanding at United though. Even when he wasn't playing and knew he had no future there he remained a class act

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

seven points behind and showing:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I used to really like Mario but he is becoming a bit of a joke. Had a good season last year for both club and country but this season he has been awful.

He is in danger of becoming a wasted talent. The guy has ability but I fear he will end up with regrets over his career. Seems the fans have given up on him too after the reaction to his derby performance.

It's time for him to cop on and get his head down, he's been awful this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Someone mentioned that Fergie wouldn't put up with him. Sure Berbatov scored a bag load of goals for united and that wasn't good enough because of his attitude. Not a hope the likes of Balotelli would get near a man-u team.

Berbatov behaved impeccably during his time at United. He knew he was surplus to requirements yet he still behaved like the professional he was. Then when he was called upon he scored.

He only started 5 games for United last season but still ended up with 7 goals. The season before that himself and Nani carried the team to the title with their performances and goals.

His attitude wasn't the reason he was left on the bench. Fergie wanted to change the system that United played and Berbatov was never going to fit into it. He is a magician on the pitch but he was too slow for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

He'll be shown the door soon.

And so will Balotelli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Al Capwned wrote: »
    430882_429928337076336_1361621173_n.jpg

The sequel to this :P ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Felexicon wrote: »
    Berbatovs attitude was outstanding at United though. Even when he wasn't playing and knew he had no future there he remained a class act

That post in the united thread about berba before he left was one of my favourite on boards, think its linked in the epic moments thread. You know the one anyways...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

He has the talent to make it big, no doubt in my mind, but at this stage what big teams would take a chance on him? Would probably want big wages moving from City.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Anyone who says Balotelli hasn't got a high level of talent haven't watched him enough. He is explosive when he turns it on, he just hasn't done it enough this season. He doesn't even want to would be a better way of putting it I think.

I gave up on the guy after his performance against Man U, quite arguably the worst performance I have seen from an individual player this season when taking into account his ability and the faith Mancini had put in him to start him. You could tell he didn't give a bollox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

He has the talent to make it big, no doubt in my mind, but at this stage what big teams would take a chance on him? Would probably want big wages moving from City.

He really does need a good kick in the a*** , people who say he has not talent really haven't saw very much of him . I think there is a gem of player in there somewhere but he has that many problems in the head it will probably never be dragged out of him though .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Mancini's management of him is more than bizarre to say the least IMO. His comments are schizophrenic in nature, but he always seems to have something to say about him (Balotelli). I've never ever understood what he is trying to be honest. Also some of the decisions like starting him vs United - just plain bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

He is far too much of a distraction for a team to compete at the high level that City are hoping to continue at. The club winning is the most important thing for a footballer to have in his mind if he and the club are to succeed. Balotelli does not give off that attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Mancini's management of him is more than bizarre to say the least IMO. His comments are schizophrenic in nature, but he always seems to have something to say about him (Balotelli). I've never ever understood what he is trying to be honest. Also some of the decisions like starting him vs United - just plain bizarre.
    I can't believe there are 6 pages gone before anyone questions mancini and his part in it. He had demonstrated time and again that he is a hot head that is IMO a hindrance to the club. His continued spats with ballotelli, his fukology with Tevez last year and his ranting and dancing on the sidelines to nobody in particular ( repeatedly shouting FCUK YOU FCUK YOU vsQPR Last yr) are all examples. He signed Mario so he has nobody to blame but himself when he acts up( Jose must have bit his hands off...the warning signs should be there if Jose moved him on ). I fear the day City get a sane manager, because they should be dominating European football with the resources available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Couldn't agree more, people are ignoring Mancini's roll in all of this. Balotelli would be an absolute revelation at Arsenal under Wenger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Mancini is the problem. City won the league in spite of him last year. He is as mad in the head as Balotelli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

It was Tevez last season and now Balotelli .........there is a common denominator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

It was Tevez last season and now Balotelli .........there is a common denominator

Overpaid spoilt footballers with a **** manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,491 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

aw3k0i.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Mancini is the problem. City won the league in spite of him last year. He is as mad in the head as Balotelli

^ - This.

I already felt that Mancini's simply doesn't act like the manager of a top club in this day and age. Put it this way - the only striker in the team that he hasn't had a public spat with is Sergio Aguerro. And I don't think anyone could dislike him. He throws his players under the bus over and over again, while his bouts of totally childish behaviour in public are getting ridiculous.

If he was some kind of tactical mastermind, you might forgive his conduct, but nothing in his career to date indicates that he is. With the squad they have, City should be marching to the title comfortably this season.

According to the early (unconfirmed) reports, Mancini was the aggressor in this incident. If this is true, I can't see how any single player in the squad can have respect for him at this station.

It reminds me of Paolo Di Canio, only having started straight at the top level. The antics are great fun while the wins and trophies are coming in, but bloody poison when the chips are down and you need to fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Mancini was dead right last season when it came to Tevez, till he buckled of course, his relationship with Balotelli is too paternal to be positive imo though.

Balo can be amazing, he has all the attributes to be world class but he needs a different manager to do so and he needs to grow the hell up also!

bullvine wrote: »

:D Ha ha ha its the way Mourinho told it brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Balotelli is very talented no doubt, but I've never thought he's in the top echelon of players. That's not anything to do with his madness either, that's purely from his football. He can be a very good striker but I don't think he'll ever be a great, even if he went sane. Off the ball, I don't think he's a clever thinker to make runs or be in good positions to receive it.

The thing is at times good players who are characters or a bit mad like Balotelli sometimes seem to be overstated because of it. Phrases like 'an enigma' tend to crop up. Because he mightn't eventually make it big because of his issues, it's an easy thing to say at times that he is incredible but probably won't realise it because of his problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Here's a question for the Balotelli fans. If your club had £25m to spend, would you be happy if they signed him?

Agree with that. For what he does on the pitch he's not a good player. It's no use being so inconsistant. And when he's bad, he looks so disinterested.
    Someone mentioned that Fergie wouldn't put up with him. Sure Berbatov scored a bag load of goals for united and that wasn't good enough because of his attitude. Not a hope the likes of Balotelli would get near a man-u team.

At the time, **** yeah, his stats (games played, goals scored) up to the point of his transfer were identical to Messi's and he'd just won the CL and been crowned the world young player of the year...

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Balotelli like any footballer will put a performance or two. However I'm talking about when people say this guy could be a world class player. He hasn't got one stand out attribute that leads me to believe he could be one of the best in the world. He doesn't look good anyway, when he gets the ball he doesn't seem like a natural footballer.

You say the daftest things.

Do you watch football?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Don't know if he'll leave City in the next few windows as I'm not entirely sure Mancini/City have given up on him and vice versa, and I'm not sure what clubs would be willing to take a punt on him at his wages and transfer fee. PSG are probably the most realistic option.

Loan to Milan is the only likely transfer I see happening.

Possibly, although City might insist upon selling outright (if they want rid) like they did with Tevez this time last year.

Blatter wrote: »
    Possibly, although City might insist upon selling outright (if they want rid) like they did with Tevez this time last year.

They know there isn't much of a Market for Mario, they know noboby would stump up the money they would want.

6 month loan with option to buy for Milan is the only transfer I see happening.

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    They know there isn't much of a Market for Mario, they know noboby would stump up the money they would want.

6 month loan with option to buy for Milan is the only transfer I see happening.

Have Milan been linked much with him lately? I presume they'd be willing to meet his wage demands?

Blatter wrote: »
    Have Milan been linked much with him lately? I presume they'd be willing to meet his wage demands?

For a six month loan, they'd pay most of his wages with city covering the rest (fairly common way for a loan to work), if he was moving permanently he'd have to take a wage cut.

Milan have been linked to him every almost week for the last 4 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

So old pictures, so true at the same time.
    Nothing would be better for Ballotelli than going somewhere else for a while, getting some discipline.
    He is still very young, and i kind of like him. But if i was a manager, i wouldn't like him so much tbh.
    He has skills, but he needs to be played, and disciplined. That is all imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

He needs to be managed properly. Different players respond better to different things - some might need a bollocking, while others might need the arm around the shoulder and need to be encouraged.

Mancini alternates between the two in an extremely strange and perplexing way with Balotelli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Meh, just like before it'll be passed off as nothing more than passion and the world will continue to turn.

Told ya

http://manc.it/Zjr8vh
    Roberto Mancini has played down a reported training ground argument with Mario Balotelli.

Photographs in the Press on Thursday suggested the City boss and his striker had clashed during the morning session at Carrington but Mancini said the seemingly heated exchange was nothing unusual and has already been forgotten.

“Mario made a tackle on his team-mate that I would prefer to see in a game and not against a team-mate,” said Mancini.

“I asked him to leave the pitch – he said no so I moved him off. That’s all that happened and it was nothing more than that,” he said.

“There will be no action taken because it was over very quickly and that is the end of it.”
    ...Roberto Mancini..

"Nothing has changed between Mario and me and my thoughts have not changed about him and these things happen from time to time.

“Will Mario have more chances? I will give him 100 chances as long as I can see him trying to improve and working hard for this football club.”

More to follow…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Balotelli to score in his next appearance and have some funny celebration, maybe a new tshirt message?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Xavi6 wrote: »

"I asked him to leave the pitch – he said no so I moved him off"

Love that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Manchester City hardly thinks the public are going to believe that pish!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Dempsey wrote: »

Not when 'the public' prefer gossip :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Bust ups like this happen every day of the week, from the Premier League to the Leinster Senior League. I still can't believe that people still read so much into this stuff, or that its newsworthy.

Bust ups like this happen every day of the week, from the Premier League to the Leinster Senior League. I still can't believe that people still read so much into this stuff, or that its newsworthy.

Do you think those pictures match what was said in the ManC statement?

Former Milan and Inter striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic believes that Mario Balotelli is Manchester City's best bet for a Premier League title bid.

The Italy international was seen confronting Coach Roberto Mancini at the club's training ground yesterday.

But the Paris Saint-Germain forward has claimed that his former teammate at the Nerazzurri is still the best option for the English side.
    “If you spend any time with Mario then you love Mario,” he told reporters. “Even though he is not always the easiest player for the Coach to manage, speak to any of his old Coaches and they will say that he always has a smile on his face.

“He is a special player and has a special talent. When Mario plays like he can play he will hurt any team in the world.

“Manchester City are way behind Manchester United in the League, but if any player can retain the title for them, it is Mario.”

Don't get much more of a vote of a confidence than that.

Don't get much more of a vote of a confidence than that.

that vote of confidence is pretty much worthless though

One of the best players in the world who played with Mario for 2 seasons saying that we believes that Mario can "hurt any team in the world" isn't a vote of confidence?

One of the best players in the world who played with Mario for 2 seasons saying that we believes that Mario can "hurt any team in the world" isn't a vote of confidence?

you think mancini or the coaches are going take what zlatan thinks of a player he played with a few years ago or what they see in front of their own eyes everyday?

• Advertisement

you think mancini or the coaches are going take what zlatan thinks of a player he played with a few years ago or what they see in front of their own eyes everyday?

Mancini clearly agrees with Zlatan, otherwise he would have turfed Mario out on his ear the same way he did Adebyor, Santa Cruz and the others he didn't rate.

Mancini clearly agrees with Zlatan, otherwise he would have turfed Mario out on his ear the same way he did Adebyor, Santa Cruz and the others he didn't rate.

i dont think he's persisting with him for the reasons that zlatan thinks he should. his inter days shouldnt be considered now, its irrelevant

its more likely that his persistence with him will cost him his job. the only saving grace he has at the moment is that he's 22 but his years of swandering his talent is beginning to come home to roost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Do you think those pictures match what was said in the ManC statement?

Yeah, it was a bust up. Happens every day of the week. Have you ever played the game?? If you want to win and someone busts one of your team mates you go mad. Sometimes it almost comes to blows, whether its your best mate or a stranger. It's competitiveness. I'll bet after training they were laughing about it.

Yeah, it was a bust up. Happens every day of the week. Have you ever played the game?? If you want to win and someone busts one of your team mates you go mad. Sometimes it almost comes to blows, whether its your best mate or a stranger. It's competitiveness. I'll bet after training they were laughing about it.

I have played the game, for many years, if that matters or somehow makes my opinion more valid than others :rolleyes:

I've never heard or seen a professional or even amateur, even the worst of amateur footballers, being asked to leave a football field in that manner that Mancini thought appropriate knowing that that the media could see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Played very well when he came on today. A corner may have been turned :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement