Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swan Leisure, Rathmines

• 03-01-2013 3:51pm
    Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭

I never knew this place existed until today when I was passing by. It looks like an excellent set up to me untrained eye. €360 a year (option of 12 monthly payments of €30).

Not for profit organisation backed by Dublin City Council.
    lots of classes nice looking pool and gym all included in the fee.

Anyone got any feedback..?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

Depends on what you want. I've been there a few times for one of sessions and there wasn't a great selection of free weights. Also it can be quite full from 7-9pm and you can end up spending a lot of your time waiting for equipment to come free.

That said I know a few people that go there all the time and don't have any complaints so maybe I just didn't give it enough time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Has it's good points and bad points:

+
    When I was shopping around last year, it was the best overall value for me. Looks like it's still a good price.
    It has a pool (quite busy though and you'd need to check the timetable)
    Loads of classes
    Staff are very friendly
    At the initial assessment they actually listened to what I wanted to do and spent a lot of time trying to give me specific advice for my needs.
    Equipment is new and well maintained
    Very clean place as well

-
    Gets very busy from 6pm to 9pm.
    Wouldn't come close to the wieghts available in Raw or Flyefit in Ranelagh
    Might not be as cheap as Crunch in Kimmage, which also has a pool.
    If you are interested in doing a lot of weights, I'm not sure how informed the staff are (my programme is really simple fitness)

That's just my personal view, I'm not someone who does a lot of weights or has a very intense regime. I like it there and I'm very happy with it, but it's not for everyone. Good value, very busy, just make sure the timetable suits you.
    Limited selection of free wieghts (the gym area is quite small)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Thanks guys :)

I'm only starting to concentrate on fitess so its sounds like a good place for someone on the first rung of the ladder.

The wide selection of classes, free with membership is also very attractive for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Clarehobo

I am a member there but tbh I would go with the pay per session option unless you are going to use it frequently.

I joined it for the pool so I could improve my swimming. I find the pool gets too busy for me, especially with kids on the weekends.
    I got a PT to create a program for me and eventhough I specified I wanted to use weights over machines, he totally ignored it and his routine was made up of all machines - didn't listen at all and it was the same generic program handed out by PTs the world over who really don't care.
    It also seems to be constantly busy in the gym so you can be waiting for equipment.

The classes are quite good BUT you can only book on the day and in person at the gym.

Do a pay session first and see what you think before signing up for anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dillywilly

What is the minimum age to go to the gym at the swan leisure gym!? Im 13

• Advertisement
Advertisement