Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anybody bought an Iphone from adverts.ie

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

I'm thinking of selling a 4S on Adverts. Do you meet up with buyers or post them out? What's the usual procedure - do you show them the phone first, they inspect it, then exchange cash for goods or how does it go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've bought and sold iphones and other stuff on adverts without issue.
    It's preferred to meet in person but lacking that, go with someone with cred (good feedback, long time member on adverts and boards). Check old ads they have.

The usual scenario is to meet in a cafe or whatnot, inspect phone (they might insert own sim to check and even bring a laptop to check phone on itunes) and cash is handed over.
    Bring a friend (that can hang back a bit) if you feel unsure.
    I've written receipts too.

Meeting in person is best as you get a feel for the other person and both are present during inspection.
    If posting only regged will do, take a few snaps as you put it in box in case the buyer claims it was broken or whatnot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

One thing just to note to anyone buying a phone. Since ios7, if someone has an iCloud account attached to the phone, ie. Find my iPhone, even after a reset they need to detach the account before you can activate the phone.

So my advise would be hit settings-iCloud and turn off findmyiphone, the seller will need to enter their iTunes password, if they don't know it walk away, if they do then select settings-reset-erase phone and make sure you can activate the phone using your own SIM card before handing over any money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

One thing just to note to anyone buying a phone. Since ios7, if someone has an iCloud account attached to the phone, ie. Find my iPhone, even after a reset they need to detach the account before you can activate the phone.

So my advise would be hit settings-iCloud and turn off findmyiphone, the seller will need to enter their iTunes password, if they don't know it walk away, if they do then select settings-reset-erase phone and make sure you can activate the phone using your own SIM card before handing over any money!

This, along with letting the sellers network know there's a change of ownership (he'll have to call whilst in your presence) if they disagree - walk away

If you're buying it tell them you're gonna call your network to get the imei put on your account. if they disagree - walk away.

Point to note: sometimes you'll have an iphone replaced under insurance. in that case the imei of the phone will not match the imei on the box. if you notice this and the seller has not mentioned insurance up to that point, be wary.

I usually sell on phones on adverts/donedeal once i've upgraded. I've sold many over the years, priced fairly, with no problems. Check out some of my old ads for what a legit ad should look like (same username as here)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭gaybeer

Hi Guys,

I am getting a brand new iPhone 4s and am considering selling it and putting amount towards a 5s. How much could I expect to get.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

brand new/unlocked sealed in box are 399 from apple.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I've sold two iPads on adverts, no problems. Going to put up an unlocked iPhone 4S over the coming days once I dig out the box for it. I've very little feedback but neither of the buyers seemed bothered about that. I'd be concerned myself if I was buying from somebody with so little feedback.

Advertisement