Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ice cream maker

Options
  • 03-01-2013 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi, thinking about belated Xmas present to myself and would love an ice cream machine with compressor. I *think* I could stretch to the gaggia gelatiera, are there any stockists in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

souter wrote: »
    Hi, thinking about belated Xmas present to myself and would love an ice cream machine with compressor. I *think* I could stretch to the gaggia gelatiera, are there any stockists in Ireland?

bit later - but thought I rather not open a new thread: did you get yours eventually ? happy with the purchase ?
    - anything you don't like about it after purchase ?

in general, are there other recommendations for quality ice cream makers ?
    - guess I would be interested in making a variety of frozen treats, capacity ~ 2L, reasonable time (within 30min/1h), access to multiple bowls and no need to pre-freeze them. ah, and parts need to be dishwasher safe.

PS: tempted by Nemox atm (have yet to decide what model)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

Hi mvl, I did treat myself that christmas to this beast : https://www.nisbets.ie/buffalo-ice-cream-maker/dm067 (it was a bit cheaper then) - positively my last kitchen gadget and it has remained so.

I don;t use it nearly as much as I should do, but when I do it is flawless - does c.1l of icecream in > 30 minutes.
    Granted you have do the ingredients beforehand (custard, fool, whatever).
    It comes out of the machine a bit "melty" i.e. as it hardens up it eventually stops the beating. At which point you need to stop the machine and serve it up or scrape the icecream into a container and harden it off in the freezer.

You were looking at 2l, the buffalo does 1.5 alledgedly. Not sure how much I actually get because I tend to underfill it - if any of the mix slops out of the detachable bucket and gets into the sides of the refrigeration unit it freeze welds them together (but not terminally I hasten to add).

Advertisement