Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what are they drilling for on the m3 near dublin ??

• 03-01-2013 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

whilst driving towards Dublin from Kells i have noticed 2 big drilling rigs on the left hand side of the new m3 motorway can any one shed any light what they are doing hope there not fracking.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Oil, and ah shure they be gettin' it fur nuthin'

"Wake up and smell the sarcasm"

• Registered Users Posts: 12 devasativa

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Oil, and ah shure they be gettin' it fur nuthin'

really love to know who this was passed by

because i did not get a vote to say if they could drill for any oil or gas

any thing below the soil and in the rivers belongs to the irish state (the people) not the government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Dept of Transport have reviewed the construction cost of the M3 and concluded that the foundations must be solid gold. They're looking to scrape a bit off the edges.

What has drilling got to do with the department of transport more information would be gratefully appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

devasativa wrote: »
    bit confused now what has drilling got to do with the department of transport more information would be gratefully appreciated.

WHOOOSH!!

• Advertisement

"Wake up and smell the sarcasm"

lol i know you are im only trying to find out exactly who they are and what they are doing there.

Gurgle wrote: »
    Dept of Transport have reviewed the construction cost of the M3 and concluded that the foundations must be solid gold. They're looking to scrape a bit off the edges.

thanks for your answer just wondering does the cost of the m3 not get covered by the 2 tolls that they have in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

its a possibility they were used to drill holes for creating the supports for Fly-overs / bridges on some road development.

its a possibility they were used to drill holes for creating the supports for Fly-overs / bridges on some road development.

no i doubt it they have been there for a few months in the same spots drilling the same holes also there on straight stretches of road. weird there is no info online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

You might be better asking over on the Dublin County North forum or the Meath one.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement