Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Plugged in, not charging" problem won't go away

Options
  • 03-01-2013 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

So I unfortunately have to buy a new batter for my Asus X53S. Every time I turn on my laptop it has "plugged in not charging". I've tried the solution and it din't solve the problem. I know it's not the A/C adapter as my laptop runs on just that fine. This is very annoying. Where could I buy one cheap online but also reliable?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Is the charger providing enough voltage? Is it a 3rd party one? Do you know anyone with the same charger you could try? If you know how use a multimeter to ensure the charger is providing a steady 19v (or whatever rating is printed on a sticker on the bottom of laptop). Another thing to try is open device manager (Right click computer in start menu>Properties>Device manager on the left) and uninstall "ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" under batteries (right click>uninstall); reboot the computer and see if it fixes the problem.
    Other reasons this could happen are:
    • Faulty DC Jack
    • Faulty motherboard
    • Faulty battery

May be worth checking for a bios update for your laptop, you never know it may be a bios glitch

Nick

Advertisement