Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bite a Bargain Website

Options
  • 03-01-2013 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Anyone trying to get a refund for the so called great value box? I've set up a claim through Paypal but no response just yet! Anyone had any progress with it? Biggest scam ever!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shoe Lace

Hi there,
    Has anyone ordered anything from this website recently?? I'm just wondering because I ordered a 9 inch Android tablet from them on the 7th Dec 2012 and was informed that I'd have it by Christmas, which was planned as my son's present. It still hasn't arrived and I can't get a response to any of my emails!!! :mad: I am NOT a happy bunny here and am wondering if anyone else has had this problem??
    I am also wondering how to go about reporting this site if I don't get a response???
    Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shoe Lace

Thanks Jarren, so I'm not the only one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 niki2013

if you ring paypal and put in a dispute they will refund you in eleven days every1 havin probs stil didnt recieve my order hopefully gettin refund from paypal even though i paid by visa if you look at facebook page for them you will get number and all details to do under all his deals from every1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

you can also go to the dispute resolution page on paypal and file and claim and then escalate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged
    dudara

I reported them to advertising standards for false advertising and got a reply today saying they would be in touch:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Irene R

I bought the No! No! Classic from Bite a Bargain in December. I got an email from a company in the UK to say there was a delay and they put up some phone numbers to ring. These numbers turn out to be voicemails and they are not accepting messages. The UK company is Stock 2 Retail which appears to be the same company that supplied some of you with the Secret Santa Box which, from the different posts I've been reading, have either turned out to be complete cr*p or haven't arrived at all! Both companies are not contactable by phone and are ignoring emails. If it's a scam they've made a huge profit. There were 304 bites on my deal with at €89 a pop will net them over €27,000. Has anyone else had any luck contacting them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Laurs21

I reported them to advertising standards for false advertising and got a reply today saying they would be in touch:D

Hi there, I too bought a tablet on this site and they assured me it would be here for Christmas but obviously it was not. Do you know of a way of reporting this site and is it very unlikely on getting the money back? It is ridiculous and I'm furious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Laurs21

Thanks Jarren hopefully they will do something it's a joke

Laurs21 wrote: »
    Hi there, I too bought a tablet on this site and they assured me it would be here for Christmas but obviously it was not. Do you know of a way of reporting this site and is it very unlikely on getting the money back? It is ridiculous and I'm furious

You can also go to the resolution centre on paypal and file a claim, if you paid by paypal.

If by credit card . contact your card company and request a charge back

I lodged a complaint with www.asai.ie. Hopefully if we all complain something will be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Chrissybxx

I was told by them to refuse delivery, and I would be given a refund. I refused over a week ago, and nothing yet. I am wondering if they will deduct shipping costs, I will not be happy if they do! :(

Chrissybxx wrote: »
    I was told by them to refuse delivery, and I would be given a refund. I refused over a week ago, and nothing yet. I am wondering if they will deduct shipping costs, I will not be happy if they do! :(
    start aclaim with paypal for non delivery

Haye, thanks.. How do I do that? I've never had this problem before..

lodge a claim on the basis of non delivery and they they haven't replied to your emails and once its lodged you should escalate it.
    If they've not heard from him in 11 days you get a refund.

I am just looking into here now.. What a pain.. Thanks a lot.. Very helpful.

Where can I find transaction IDs please??

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Clogs0

You can browse for it beside it and then just choose the transaction for bite a bargain!!! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Clogs0

My reply from my case with Paypal!!!!

Everyone should definitely make their claim back!!!! I'm delighted!!!! :-)

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor.

We were able to recover 39.00 EUR and this amount has been credited to you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account privileges.

Transaction Details

Seller's Name: Bite a Bargain Limited Seller's Email: info@biteabargain.ie Seller's Transaction ID: *************************

Transaction Date: 13-Dec-2012 Transaction Amount: -39.00 EUR Your Transaction ID: 345706***************** Case Number: PP-002-*******-******-***

Buyer's Transaction ID: 345706***********

What to Do Next

No further action is required by you at this time.

Other Details

To make sure future transactions proceed smoothly, we suggest you visit the PayPal site and click the Security Center link located at the top of any page. There you will find tips on how to avoid fraudulent sellers in the "Fraud Prevention Tips for Buyers" section.

To learn more about PayPal's Buyer Protection Program, go to the PayPal website and click the Security Center link located at the bottom of any page.

Thanks,

PayPal Protection Services Department Yours sincerely, PayPal

congrats.
    dont forget to lodge a complaint for false advertising with the Advertising Standards Association of Ireland.

Just an update on this. I received a full refund from Bite a Bargain today so it looks like the company is legit after all.

Irene R wrote: »
    Just an update on this. I received a full refund from Bite a Bargain today so it looks like the company is legit after all.

Was it from BAB or Paypal?

I don't have a paypal account. I paid for the item by visa. I got an email from paypal to say Bite a Bargain were refunding the money to my credit card.

This must have cost BAB a fortune between paying for stock and then refunding everyone:D..not too mention that no one will ever buy from them again

True. Even though I got the money back I'd never buy from them again.

Advertisement