Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will my money come back?

Options
  • 03-01-2013 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi,

I made a purchase online however it was the wrong brand so I promptly cancelled it.

Scan.ie has assured me multiple times that I have been refunded and that it is up to BOI to process the funds. It's been day 2 now, when will my money come back? Because I would really like to purchase more products

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

it could be in a holding account for a couple of days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Classic Rock Man

Sadderday wrote: »
    it could be in a holding account for a couple of days

Im new to this banking malarkey.

Care to elaborate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Classic Rock Man,

Thanks for posting. If an online or in-store card payment is cancelled at a point of sale after we've authorised it, it will take three working days to correct on the system and credit back to your account.

If the payment is still showing on your account after four working days, please get in touch with the retailer to clarify if they've debited it and to request a refund if necessary.

Alternatively, you can complete a Transaction Dispute form in your local branch. You can find contact details for your branch here.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Classic Rock Man

Hi Classic Rock Man,

Thanks for posting. If an online or in-store card payment is cancelled at a point of sale after we've authorised it, it will take three working days to correct on the system and credit back to your account.

If the payment is still showing on your account after four working days, please get in touch with the retailer to clarify if they've debited it and to request a refund if necessary.

Alternatively, you can complete a Transaction Dispute form in your local branch. You can find contact details for your branch here.

Thanks,
    Graham

Thanks for clearing that up Graham. Heres hoping it'll be back tomorrow. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

You're welcome. Don't hesitate to ask if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Advertisement
Advertisement