Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power City Returns Policy

Options
  • 03-01-2013 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hi All,

I bought a 40' TV last weekend. I had been deliberating between a 40" and a 46" but I went with the 40" in the end. After setting the TV up in my living room I'm regretting not getting the 46" version (first world problem I know!).

What are the odds on Power City taking it back and letting me pay more for the 46" version? I guessing not a hope in hell. I've got all the original packing to slip it all back into.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

They don't have to but could do it as a goodwill gesture. They'd need to sell the 40" at a discounted price to sell it on. Just pop in and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭SomeDude

Thanks, I’ll drop in and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

An interesting one.Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭SomeDude

Dropped in today. They said exchanging the TV for a different model would incur a 20% 'repackaging fee'. That's 20% of the cost of the original purchase. I'd say that's enough to put most people off changing their minds!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

They prob will sell that TV on at a discount of 20% to a member of the public. It wouldn't happen a lot and it's prob easier for them to shift it that way. Customer will be happy to get a 20% discount and Power City won't be out of pocket while the person who brought back to exchange for a bigger size is happy and has paid more into Power City.

They probably wouldn't allow you to do it on a poorly selling product, I'd say they'd shift a discounted tv handy enough tho.

Cheers for the update!

• Advertisement
Advertisement