Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless networks not showing up

Options
  • 03-01-2013 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Right I was trying unsuccessfully to set up upc wireless broadband today in the house. we had previously used wires. It wasnt setting up right and i clicked disable and now no wireless networks are showing up at all meaning even if i get the router working it wont work. It had previously been showing even neighbours networks. Im using a toshiba satelite l650 any help wud be appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

paul08 wrote: »
    Right I was trying unsuccessfully to set up upc wireless broadband today in the house. we had previously used wires. It wasnt setting up right and i clicked disable and now no wireless networks are showing up at all meaning even if i get the router working it wont work. It had previously been showing even neighbours networks. Im using a toshiba satelite l650 any help wud be appreciated

Go to Start Menu>Right Click Computer>Properties>Device manager on the left. In the Device Manager right click on the Wlan adaptor under "Network Adaptors" and choose enable.
    Some laptops have a FN key combination to disable the wifi radio, others have an actual on off switch somewhere on the laptop, so look out for this as well

Nick

Advertisement