Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vBulletin Licence Value?

Options
  • 03-01-2013 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

(Please move if this is in the wrong forum, thanks)

Hi,

I am an owner of a vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 licence. I have no use for it and was interested in finding out what its value is as I would like to sell it.

Would anyone know please?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

(Please move if this is in the wrong forum, thanks)

Hi,

I am an owner of a vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 licence. I have no use for it and was interested in finding out what its value is as I would like to sell it.

Would anyone know please?

Thank you.

First thing would be to check if they are in fact transferable.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I could be wrong but afaik licenses only cover a particular domain and are tied to it

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

ChRoMe wrote: »
    First thing would be to check if they are in fact transferable.

Hi,

Yes it is, I checked this a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

yoyo wrote: »
    I could be wrong but afaik licenses only cover a particular domain and are tied to it

Nick

I've had my licence moved to a new domain only last week. I'm not bothered with developing a forum on my site now so I've decided to sell it on if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You can sell them ..
    Value? As much as someone is willing to pay you for it :)

Check digital point forums or the vbulletin forums - there's usually threads over there with people selling licenses

Bear in mind, however, that vbulletin 4 is being replaced with vbulletin connect 5 and there's very little advantage in someone buying a license for v4, as they'll only get a 40 dollar discount off vbulletin 5

• Advertisement
Advertisement