Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There is a deal related to these products on groupon

Options
  • 03-01-2013 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭

Is it worth buying as a starter pack?
    Considering buying it to get going as I have been following your threads here for a few weeks.
    Would appreciate your expert opinion, i.e. is it possible to put different flavoured juices into it or are you limited to their supply only?

Here is the deal.

Here is the product

Thanks
    irish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

If you're not sure about vaping, it'll give you an idea of what it's kind of like, but don't be surprised if you want to upgrade soon.

You should be able to pop the white cap out of the cartomiser (presuming that's what these have) and fill up with juice, but it'll still taste kind of like the juice that's in there, so avoid the menthol tobacco one (unless you want to pick up some apple/lime/strawberry juices - they'll mix okay with a mentholly-tobacco)If you get the tobacco flavour try getting a bottle of some Dekang tobacco from one of the shops or something, shouldn't be too different, and will make each carto's life-span increase from half a day to 3-5 days.

Once those cartos are done, you'll have to order empty cartos from abroad (connection-type DSE 101) if you can find them, as that's an old/almost extinct connection type.

Actually, just checked, and these are the type of carto that take this poly filler stuff (I think - might just have the same connection). Take the fluff out of each carto and rinse in warm water, then soak in alcohol, then another warm water bath. Leave to dry.
    Should be little to none of the flavour left (unless you got the menthol - stícks around) and you can fill with whatever flavours you want.
    Try a Wingnut's sample pack from e-smokeireland.eu. Amazing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I got the previous deal for the Vaporiz mini which is a step down from this device, it was the Menthol flavor with 60 cartridges.

I still use it after 3 months as my stealth vape of choice in business meetings or flights.

Pro's
    Well packaged
    Nice flavor! The menthol is very yummy:D
    Device works well and reliable
    A little throat hit with high nic cartriges, more than expected

Con's
    Cool vape
    Only one battery in the offer, you need more to be a regular vaper
    Battery only lasts about 3 to 4 hours of time (~2 puffs per 30 minutes)
    The delivery may take a while if its a popular offer
    Takes a bit of effort on the draw to engage the battery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Bôught it anyway, will be sure to post back with results.
    I only smoke at night time anyway, probably 2 or 3 a night so hope to just stop with this.

If you like it get another battery straight away so you have a backup.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Bôught it anyway, will be sure to post back with results.
    I only smoke at night time anyway, probably 2 or 3 a night so hope to just stop with this.

Did you get the actual voucher yet when you ordered the deal? My lil bro wanted me to get him one, bought it but no code or voucher yet

• Advertisement

It takes a little while for the voucher, once the offer is finished from what I recall then its sent.

Got voucher, product ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Got voucher, product ordered

let us know how you get on,
    how it compares to cigs? (throat hit, flavour)
    battery life?

Will do once I receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 aislingej

I too have purchased this offer, I've been looking around here and getting more confused all the time but want to get going so as a starter I figure this will get the initial ball rolling. Where would you buy a 2nd battery if required?

I got my voucher through this morning but when I enter code it's saying invalid I've emailed groupon and they say it takes a while for all the codes to filter though, did you have any problem inputting your voucher code?

Many thanks and best of luck.

• Advertisement

aislingej wrote: »
    Where would you buy a 2nd battery if required?
    , did you have any problem inputting your voucher code?

The second battery can be bought from the vaporitz website.

I had problems with my code when I ordered, it was rectified quite quickly but delivery took a couple of weeks. I emailed them after a week and they prioritized my order.

krissovo wrote: »

The second battery can be bought from the vaporitz website.

I had problems with my code when I ordered, it was rectified quite quickly but delivery took a couple of weeks. I emailed them after a week and they prioritized my order.

Thanks for that I got an email response this morning to say it can take a while for them to input all the codes it was a popular offer so I'll try again this morning.

I have it in my head now and want to get going hopefully it will do the trick last year I changes from regular cigarette's to roll ups so I think this is the best progression.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭W0bble5

I ordered this too. Been using smoke green for a bit & these will do for when I'm in work after I get my Kanger kit.

I placed my order on Sunday when I got my voucher & got an e-mail from them on Monday to say my order was despatched so hopefully I'll have it soon.

W0bble5 wrote: »
    I ordered this too. Been using smoke green for a bit & these will do for when I'm in work after I get my Kanger kit.

I placed my order on Sunday when I got my voucher & got an e-mail from them on Monday to say my order was despatched so hopefully I'll have it soon.

Oh keep us posted I manage to place the order yesterday and for confirmation it's been dispatched. Also found the 2nd battery on the site so see how it goes then ill investigate more.

Best of luck with it ;-)

This was delivered today. Impressed so far. Nice neat little device. Its smaller than the smoke green one I've ben using. Good kick off it and the menthol flavour is holding up quite well. Better than the smoke green one.

18 cartos included. Will keep me going for a while - €25 well spent.

Let us know how the rest of you get on!

Hoping mine arrives this week, will keep you posted but great to see your happy with it.

I was happy with this until it stopped working on Saturday after charging it. No vape, lights up but doesn't seem to heat up enough to create vaoupr. :mad:

I sent off a mail to Vaporiz there so we'll see what they come back with. The battery has a 6 month warranty anyway as far as I know....I'll keep you posted!

Have you changed the atomiser?

grindle wrote: »
    Have you changed the atomiser?

Yep, first thing I did. I tried 4 different atomisers from 3 different packets. All the same.

How many times a day does the battery get charged?

If it's a small battery, I'm shocked that they'd give it a 6 month warranty.

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    How many times a day does the battery get charged?

If it's a small battery, I'm shocked that they'd give it a 6 month warranty.

I charged it about twice a day for about 4 or 5 days before it gave up the ghost.

I'm almost certain the little instruction leaflet that came in the box said that the battery is warrantied for 6 months. I'll double-check when I get home & either confirm or deny!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

You pay for what you get.

I charged it about twice a day for about 4 or 5 days before it gave up the ghost.

I'm almost certain the little instruction leaflet that came in the box said that the battery is warrantied for 6 months. I'll double-check when I get home & either confirm or deny!

Well, 4/5 days is awful, definitely getting money back then.

If it was a really small battery I was expecting more 3-4 charges a day. Might give it a shelf-life of 3-4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Some Batteries Light up and stay on for a while after letting go of the button seems to indicate a short and Ive seen it happen when the battery is gunged up with juice.
    Cleaning out the gunge got them working again

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Cora Mahoney

I was happy with this until it stopped working on Saturday after charging it. No vape, lights up but doesn't seem to heat up enough to create vaoupr. :mad:

I sent off a mail to Vaporiz there so we'll see what they come back with. The battery has a 6 month warranty anyway as far as I know....I'll keep you posted!

I have the same trouble now, except I have had mine for a month. (edit: by same trouble, I mean it's not working, but in my case the light won't even go on anymore---just dead).

I sent them an email yesterday asking why it died after such a short time, and have had no response yet :(

I am lucky in that I had taken advantage of their great offer of the Gemini plus FIVE full boxes of the sweet tobacco flavour for 14.99 right before the Christmas , so I had another device as backup, but I am not happy I had to open it so soon , and am a bit worried now that this one might up and die on me, only this time I have no back up :(

So: as this is my first vaping experience (had their mini vap for a few weeks previous to this) , I am thinking about going with someone new.

Not sure where to start, I guess I have some reading to do!

Just checked the leaflet in the box - 6 month warranty on the battery.

Vaperus wrote: »
    Some Batteries Light up and stay on for a while after letting go of the button seems to indicate a short and Ive seen it happen when the battery is gunged up with juice.
    Cleaning out the gunge got them working again

I checked that too - the battery was bone dry. Even cleaned around it with a cotton bud. Its an automatic battery so no button on it to activate it.

I have the same trouble now, except I have had mine for a month. (edit: by same trouble, I mean it's not working, but in my case the light won't even go on anymore---just dead).

I sent them an email yesterday asking why it died after such a short time, and have had no response yet :(

I am lucky in that I had taken advantage of their great offer of the Gemini plus FIVE full boxes of the sweet tobacco flavour for 14.99 right before the Christmas , so I had another device as backup, but I am not happy I had to open it so soon , and am a bit worried now that this one might up and die on me, only this time I have no back up :(

So: as this is my first vaping experience (had their mini vap for a few weeks previous to this) , I am thinking about going with someone new.

Not sure where to start, I guess I have some reading to do!

The general consesus on here is to go for this kit starting off http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm 10% discount too if you enter boards in the discount code bit.

I'm going to pick one of these up at the weekend.

Let us know if you hear back from Vaporiz!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Cora Mahoney

The general consesus on here is to go for this kit starting off http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm 10% discount too if you enter boards in the discount code bit.

I'm going to pick one of these up at the weekend.

Let us know if you hear back from Vaporiz!

Thanks for the tip, going to check it out now :)

And yes, will let you know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

save your money and buy something better than the vapouriz, we're 4 people in work buying the groupon deal and mine was the only one still working a week later, the atomizer thing seem to be the culprit ( we swapped things around to check )
    Mine is still working but it is a bit hard to get a half decent puff out of it so I upgraded to the CE4 cost me 42 euros to get started with a proper ecig

Advertisement