Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost installation CD for Eircom Internet

Options
  • 03-01-2013 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

I recently rebooted my dads computer to a windows vista as there were problems with the hard drive and it was the only option.

Since then, Ive been trying to install all programmes back onto it but I just realised that I dont have the eircom broadband installation CD :(

What can I do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

you don't need the installation cd, unless you have the silver netopia 2247 and need to get your WEP key. If you do need the WEP key just call support and they will be able to assist you in getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭River Allow

No I have the Zyxel P660.... When I try to connect it, it wont work. The computer is a Dell.

When I try to set up a new connection, I get as far as "How do you want to connect?" The only option that comes up is Dial Up :(

There is a little writing underneath that says "Show connection options that the computer is not set up to use". When I tick the box next to this writing, Broadband (PPPoE) comes up.

I click that.. It asks for username and password. I put in eircom/broadband1... It sets up connection. But when I try to connect it wont :(

Sick to my teeth of trying to fix this.... Help me :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

are you using wireless or connecting to the modem with a ethernet cable?

sounds like you are using wireless and have not installed the wireless drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi River Allow

Apologies for the inconvenience, As you are missing the installation CD please contact eircom technical support for assistance on 1890260260 regarding this issue.

Regards

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Did you do a Fresh Install from a Windows Vista Disk, wiping the entire disk of its data?

How are you getting this message? When I try to set up a new connection, I get as far as "How do you want to connect?" The only option that comes up is Dial Up. As in how do you try to set up a new connection?

• Advertisement

Hiya.

Thanks for yer help so far. I did a fresh install ya, wiping the entire disk of its data. It kept files and documents in a folder called windows (old).

I set up a new connection. At the bottom underneath the dial up option, there is a box to tick. Beside the box, it says "Show connection options that the computer is not set up to use". When I tick the box next to this writing, Broadband (PPPoE) comes up.

I click that.. It asks for username and password. I put in eircom/broadband1... It sets up connection. But when I try to connect it wont

Hiya.

Thanks for yer help so far. I did a fresh install ya, wiping the entire disk of its data. It kept files and documents in a folder called windows (old).

I set up a new connection. At the bottom underneath the dial up option, there is a box to tick. Beside the box, it says "Show connection options that the computer is not set up to use". When I tick the box next to this writing, Broadband (PPPoE) comes up.

I click that.. It asks for username and password. I put in eircom/broadband1... It sets up connection. But when I try to connect it wont

Where/how are you setting up a connection? Through windows control panel? Was the connection wireless before?

No the connection was always through the cable. I go to start, click connect to, then click set up a connection or network, then it gives me choose a connection option, I click "connect to the internet. Set up a wireless, broadband or dial up connection". And then it brings me to the "How do you want to connect" and gives me the dial up option

Ok, I haven't used Windows in ages, so am probably not the best person to be helping you.

Does the cable run from a modem/router or is the modem in the PC?

Just because, if you used a generic Vista disk to install it sometimes it doesn't have the drivers for the ethernet port and you have to install them separately.

Any hellp is welcomed, believe me! I went into device mnangement, ethernet driver was not installed. When i got it to search for it, it couldnt find it. What does this mean?

• Advertisement

What I would do is go to the dell website or just google dell (model number) ethernet driver. Should be able to download it on another machine and then copy it over to the Dell machine using USB key/CD

Then install and hopefully you're good to go

If this works, I will be indebted to you forever!! Will get back to you soon!

Its working!!! I download the relevant ethernet driver! Thank you so much for your help!!

No problem. Glad you got it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi River Allow

I'm happy to see this has been resolved (many thanks to Vuzuggu!)

Regards

Al

Advertisement