Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxis in Carlow town

Options
  • 03-01-2013 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hey All,

Just wondering - what taxis are available in Carlow town, and recommendations?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

PinkBottle wrote: »
    Hey All,

Just wondering - what taxis are available in Carlow town, and recommendations?

Thanks!

Noel Geoghan called boomarang taxis very friendly and prompt service *Mod note-please don't post numbers etc on open forum, use pm system* I would recommend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Bridge Cabs are good in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

A1 cabs. Best of the lot without a doubt.
    Friendly, local, honest drivers.

Lost my wallet in one of their cars a while back, and the driver came back to my house in Castledermot with it the following day - everything still intact in it. A Pure Gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Carlow Cabs have been my go too for some time now. Generally very quick (Apart from a Saturday night at 2am) and it's normally a fiver anywhere inside town, or a tenner outside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Mister Man wrote: »
    Carlow Cabs have been my go too for some time now. Generally very quick (Apart from a Saturday night at 2am) and it's normally a fiver anywhere inside town, or a tenner outside
    Is it not €6 for local runs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Quite a few drivers seem to be charging what's displayed on the meter a lot more in recent months, rather than a fixed fee. The meter price is usually a good bit higher for me even though I'm in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I only get them when I'm drunk, so I don't even know the fair. They usually charge more for my vomit too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Not sure about that anymore I must say. I've been living outside of town for quite a while now. Back when I was in the town, it was €5.

One thing I'm never overly happy about is paying the €2 head for a quick local run for a night out. Making a solid fortune out of it. Often had 10+ people in a mini bus for a 2-4min drive into town.
    I know you can make the point "You'd pay that and more if you went by yourself" but it would be cheaper even at €6 for a local run to just get 4 people into a normal car. Not only are the saving money on just one run, but they're over charging for it. I'm starting to sound like an angry old man :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Mister Man wrote: »

Not sure about that anymore I must say. I've been living outside of town for quite a while now. Back when I was in the town, it was €5.

One thing I'm never overly happy about is paying the €2 head for a quick local run for a night out. Making a solid fortune out of it. Often had 10+ people in a mini bus for a 2-4min drive into town.
    I know you can make the point "You'd pay that and more if you went by yourself" but it would be cheaper even at €6 for a local run to just get 4 people into a normal car. Not only are the saving money on just one run, but they're over charging for it. I'm starting to sound like an angry old man :o
    The trick is to pay what is on the meter. They are breaking the law by insisting on those shared fares especially when the total goes over the metered fare. As for the mini bus from the wilds of the county the person hiring needs to agree a fare with the driver and then evwryone pays a share.

Advertisement