Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handy Man/ Property Agent WANTED

Options
  • 03-01-2013 7:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2

Handy man / Agent Wanted to show appartments/ houses in Waterford City.

This is a casual job. If interested send me a private message with your name and contact number.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

B.Tracey wrote: »
    Handy man / Agent Wanted to show appartments/ houses in Waterford City.

This is a casual job. If interested send me a private message with your name and contact number.

What company is this for?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

one post?
    Dole alert :P

I thought I replied to this already, I would be very careful sending off CV,s to someone who doesnt let you know who they are,

What company is this for? god knows who your sending your personal information off to!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is this opportunity advertised on for instance adverts.ie/jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 kilkennyuser

the answer is in the username B.Tracey more like B Traced by the social

• Advertisement

the answer is in the username B.Tracey more like B Traced by the social

I dont think it would be the social, Theres nothing stopping people who are on the dole applying for jobs? I think they are busy enough without trying to catch people out like this,

It does seem a bit dodgy though that theres only one post, Id be very careful sending personal information off to anybody who doesnt declare who they are, This could be a scam for personal information or identity theft!

People are desperate these days and probably sent them their CV without thinking about it.

I dont think it would be the social, Theres nothing stopping people who are on the dole applying for jobs? I think they are busy enough without trying to catch people out like this,

It does seem a bit dodgy though that theres only one post, Id be very careful sending personal information off to anybody who doesnt declare who they are, This could be a scam for personal information or identity theft!

People are desperate these days and probably sent them their CV without thinking about it.

there 2 busy?????is this the same social welfare that check single mother's facebook accounts to see if there profile says there in a relationship or single an then drag them in to question them about??we are moving off the topic here so let's leave it

there 2 busy?????is this the same social welfare that check single mother's facebook accounts to see if there profile says there in a relationship or single an then drag them in to question them about??we are moving off the topic here so let's leave it

Well if theyre too stupid that they leave their account open for the public to view then they deserve to be caught.

Dont you think people working in social welfare have facebook accounts too, chancers are that if your living in a place like waterford the degrees of seperation are smaller,

Why would social welfare call you in for applying for a job thats advertised? thats what they want you to do after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Well if theyre too stupid that they leave their account open for the public to view then they deserve to be caught.

Dont you think people working in social welfare have facebook accounts too, chancers are that if your living in a place like waterford the degrees of seperation are smaller,

Why would social welfare call you in for applying for a job thats advertised? thats what they want you to do after all.
    its the 1poster warning
    dont give your info to dodgy posters who hide behind newly created profiles
    least ask them for a fone number and address first

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Itchianus

is this the same social welfare that check single mother's facebook accounts to see if there profile says there in a relationship or single an then drag them in to question them about??

Yeah, because they should just give money out and never check that people's claims are legitimate... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,347 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

And long ovrrdue to catch the so called single mothers who are getting free housing etc then moving the man in too.

Itchianus wrote: »
    Yeah, because they should just give money out and never check that people's claims are legitimate... :confused:

are they really the people breakin this country?but the state pays out billions in unsecured bonds and massive wages an pensions to senior civil servants that wrote there own contracts but yet because a single mother might bend her claim it's a massive fraud to the state.i agree probably couple of million been misplaced but it's not as half as bad as the people supposely running this country is misplacing.i think there resourses and time would be better spent tracking down all the millions the builders an bankers of the country have squirreled away

mickdw wrote: »
    And long ovrrdue to catch the so called single mothers who are getting free housing etc then moving the man in too.

yes an i don't think that's right but do u really believe that's the underlining problem affecting this country...i just believe it's tiny compared to what's really going on and it's been used as a diversion.an i'd prefer the man living in the house with her if it saves us having to house him somewhere else

yes an i don't think that's right but do u really believe that's the underlining problem affecting this country...i just believe it's tiny compared to what's really going on and it's been used as a diversion.an i'd prefer the man living in the house with her if it saves us having to house him somewhere else

This makes me want to pull my hair out.

Answer me this so - I'm going to assume we can agree that it is morally wrong to steal money - let's say you see someone walk into a shop, and the till is unattended. They don't know you can see them. They open the till and take all the cash out, pocket it and feck off. Would you be morally outraged - would you say what a scumbag that person is?

If you found out that by sheer luck, there was only a tenner in the till, would that make it less wrong? After all they took whatever they could get. They might just as easily have hit the jackpot and got a couple of grand, and pushed the shopkeeper's business over the edge.

What I'm saying is it's a cultural problem, and it's exactly that attitude, that it's OK for a little person to pull a little stroke - "sure it's only a few quid, it'll hardly break the country" - that creates and sustains a culture that feeds the whole way across the country, at every level. The only difference between the welfare fraud and the Seany Fitz's who did the "big" damage is the amount of money they have access to; the behaviour is still the same, and it's everyone else who has to pay.

This makes me want to pull my hair out.

Answer me this so - I'm going to assume we can agree that it is morally wrong to steal money - let's say you see someone walk into a shop, and the till is unattended. They don't know you can see them. They open the till and take all the cash out, pocket it and feck off. Would you be morally outraged - would you say what a scumbag that person is?

If you found out that by sheer luck, there was only a tenner in the till, would that make it less wrong? After all they took whatever they could get. They might just as easily have hit the jackpot and got a couple of grand, and pushed the shopkeeper's business over the edge.

What I'm saying is it's a cultural problem, and it's exactly that attitude, that it's OK for a little person to pull a little stroke - "sure it's only a few quid, it'll hardly break the country" - that creates and sustains a culture that feeds the whole way across the country, at every level. The only difference between the welfare fraud and the Seany Fitz's who did the "big" damage is the amount of money they have access to; the behaviour is still the same, and it's everyone else who has to pay.

it's the USC an the local rates an other charges that'll break the shopkeeper but i take ur point.now exactly it's a cultural problem but why now last year 2012 an i'm sure we will hear more of it for 2013 that this is such a big problem.shouldn't the leaders be setting the trend?if the rules/laws were egual for everybody then i wouldn't have a problem but when i see what the leaders (or the so called high society) of the country get away with it makes me wonder ...i.e when BOI and AIB made a statement that if customers don't have 2500 on deposit at all times in there current accounts then them customers wil incur extra (maintence fees)who in society does that affect more and would u be surprised to see more people stealing from the shopkeepers till because of all these extra charges.not everybody that steals is to get over on somebody does it to enrich themselves some people have to do it just to survive.that same theory if u seen that same man robbin that till an u followed him outside to a)get into a 2013 merc b)share the money between his family who would u class as a serious crimanal?i jus believe if the law is for 1 then its for all

What I'm saying is it's a cultural problem, and it's exactly that attitude, that it's OK for a little person to pull a little stroke - "sure it's only a few quid, it'll hardly break the country"

what i'm saying is that if everyone is held accountable on the same laws for the same offences then grand i'm all for it...just a tiny example one of the most expensive legal professionals based in (prefer not to give the county)was caught drink driving in aug or sept of 2011 an then again sometime at start of 2012.why is that same person still driving today an he/she isn't banned?that's the stuff that makes me pull my hair out!!i also know of a young driver that seriosly hurt his passengers whilst drink drivin didn't face court proceeding because his parent was a high ranking guard..i can sleep at night known the little people are not making huge gains with there white lies i can't say the same for the white collar crimanals

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Krispie

Mods,

I think my link is broken as I opened a thread about "Handyman/Property agent wanted" and ended up reading more sh*te about banks/bankers and more cultural diversities, which basically has nothing to do with the OP topic and should be filed in the "Archive Thread" section as it is sooooo wore out and tested at this stage it is sure to loose traffic, quickly. zzzzzzzz:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Krispie wrote: »
    Mods,

I think my link is broken as I opened a thread about "Handyman/Property agent wanted" and ended up reading more sh*te about banks/bankers and more cultural diversities, which basically has nothing to do with the OP topic and should be filed in the "Archive Thread" section as it is sooooo wore out and tested at this stage it is sure to loose traffic, quickly. zzzzzzzz:D:D:D

+1
    But you've to remember itchianus isn't one to pass up an opportunity for a bit of keyboard warrioring! But I agree with his sentiment on this one:)

digzy wrote: »

+1
    But you've to remember itchianus isn't one to pass up an opportunity for a bit of keyboard warrioring! But I agree with his sentiment on this one:)
    its people like that ignorass who fuel the gap between the have and have nots, @ clownface kilkennyusir your attack on single parents at a time when the state has basically pushed them below the poverty line should definately qualify you for
    a pass to the next yfg dinner dance...

Hoffmans wrote: »
    its people like that ignorass who fuel the gap between the have and have nots, @ clownface kilkennyusir your attack on single parents at a time when the state has basically pushed them below the poverty line should definately qualify you for
    a pass to the next yfg dinner dance...

What's an ignorass?! I couldn't decide whether to report the post since the insult seems to be a made up word...!

• Advertisement

So who got the job then?
    am i right saying it was associated to a hotel near the bridge..

Hoffmans wrote: »
    So who got the job then?
    am i right saying it was associated to a hotel near the bridge..

Doesnt seem like a porter job, they ask for a handy man on a part time basis to show houses and apartments?

Advertisement