Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who has the best deals on the iPhone 5?

Options
  • 03-01-2013 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

I've been with O2 since 1998 but everyone I talk to says they're getting great talk/text/data packages (at half the price I'm paying, i.e. €50 a month) with Voda/Meteor/3.

I went into my local O2 store this evening to see how much a 32GB iPhone 5 would cost. They said it would set me back €380:eek:, and thats with a "Gold" subsidy based on my usage.

Has anyone gotten a good deal on a phone with call/text/data package?

BTW, I'm currently on 100mins, 100texts and 1GB data.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Three, "Classic Flex Max".
    €40.66 per month. iPhone 5 for €139.
    350 Units, unlimited data.
    Free 3 to 3 Calls.

1 unit = 2 SMS or 1 Minute. Use as you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭apachedropout

I'm sorry OP to sort of hijack your thread but I have a very similar question. I've been looking for the best iPhone 5 deal for a while now and Three's Classic Flex Max looks the best looking at the phone price.

However, right now I have a Lumia 800 and I'm with 48 where I pay 10 euro a month for free calls and free texts and use wifi at home and in college. I'd like to upgrade to iPhone 5 16GB(Ideally 32GB) however I text a lot and I'm afraid those 350 flexi units wouldn't be enough for me.

Does anyone know of a good iPhone 5 deal with unlimited free texts that doesn't cost over 40 euro? I'd also like if the price of the phone didn't go over 200 euro.

Also, It would be perfect if I could do it through Carphone Warehouse as they offer 125 euro for my Lumia if I trade it in.

apachedropout, Three are still offering you the best option for your needs, however you will be paying a larger amount that the OP for the phone. Pop into a Carphone Warehouse if you wish to sign up as a new customer and trade in your phone. Contact them for finer details relating to the trade-in promotion.

--

Three - FlexiFix 25 (or as you wish)

--

FlexiFix 25 - €25.41 per month
    200 Units (1 minute / 1MB Data / 2 SMS, the latter is not necessary)
    Unlimited 3 to 3 calls
    Unlimited SMS to any network

FlexiFix 45 - €45.74
    400 Units
    1 free add-on
    All the rest

-

Data
    As data is not included, I would pick the plan most appropriate to you and add-on the data separately.
    500MB - €6.99
    1GB - €10.99

-

Phone cost
    12 month contract - FlexiFix 25 - Cost: €579
    18 month contract - FlexiFix 25 - Cost: €509

12 month contract - FlexiFix 45 - Cost: €559
    18 month contract - FlexiFix 45 - Cost: €429

-

Typical cost - €32.40 p/m

200 minutes (or part-therof Flexi-Units)
    Unlimited 3 to 3 calls
    Unlimited text messages
    Unlimited voicemail
    1 GB data

iPhone 5 extra - €509 (cheaper the longer your contract, higher your bill)

Also, you can never go over your bill cost. If you need more calls or data, top up in a shop.

More information
    http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/billpay/talktext-plans.html#flexifix_plans

--

I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

Texting .......I use Whatsapp and so do most of my pals . It's free and comes out of my data allowance not my flexi units

Thanks for your help StaticNoise, I might just sign up for the Classic Flex Max deal then, 500 euro for the iPhone on contract seems a bit too much. They can be bought only slightly used for that much online. If I go for the Classic Flex Max plan I'll just use Whatsapp or some web texts app as a_clanger said.

• Advertisement

No problem, I hope the information helped you in any way, regardless if you go for it or not.
    The only thing is, I am (and not being ageist here) being honest but if mates don't use Viber or Whatsapp, you're screwed. Younger folks tend to use it more than older ones.

That said, all mates I know use Whatsapp.
    I'm on a grandfathered 3Pay account so it doesn't bother me. It works out better for me to pay out large for the phone and make it back on the tariff savings.

Best of luck, and do tell us what you do in the end.

Went for the Three Classic Flex Max plan. Got the iPhone 5 16GB today. They had a 50 euro off any smartphone deal in the shop today and also traded in my Lumia. Ended up paying only 16 euro for the iPhone, however I had to pay 300 euro deposit on top of it(It will be refunded after 6 months). I'm really happy with the phone, it's much lighter when compared to the iPhone 4, was also pleasantly surprised with the new earphones. I'm really picky when it comes to earphones and speakers, however these sound really good!

Thanks for your help guys! :)

Sorry, was this in a Three store, or Carphone Warehouse?

In a Three store. Carphone Warehouse don't do the 50 euro off deal.

Can you tell us which store this was? That would be very handy for myself at the moment.

Update: found it online.

Only available in the following 3Stores:
    Nutgrove Shopping Centre, Rathfarnham
    Dublin 14

Portlaoise, Lyster Square, Portlaoise
    Co. Laois

Naas, Poplar Square, Naas
    Co. Kildare

Donaghmeade Shopping Centre, Donaghmeade
    Dublin 13

Dun Laoghaire, Georges Street Lower, Dun Laoghaire
    Co. Dublin