Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Health Insurance?

Options
  • 03-01-2013 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

I have just come back from visiting family at Christmas and have noticed my Laya health insurance cost has been hiked up and had an automatic renewal date of 01/01/2013.

I would like to either cancel it or downgrade it - is it too late to do so? Do I have a few days cancellation grace from renewal date or date they informed me by post?

I added my new baby to the policy during the year as they are free for first year up to renewal date but baby alone is €300. Someone told me as there is no private kids hospitals or actual private rooms (rather than public individual rooms) in public hospitals there was no need for mid to high level insurance cover for a child - is this true?

Comments

Advertisement