Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid range smartphone

Options
  • 03-01-2013 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

So, when asking for a phone recommendations, help us to help you. To get a good recommendation, we will need the following information at a minimum:

• What features are important to you in a phone? (i.e. camera, gps, FM radio, Stereo Bluetooth)
    • Form factor - i.e. touchscreen, slider, flip phone, etc.
    • Internet - is 3G/mobile internet important, or WiFi/EDGE
    • Operator - have you an operator preference
    • Pre-pay/Bill-pay/SIM-Free - have you a preference for either
    • Price range

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

The HTC 8S is a very good mid-range smartphone

It costs between 249 - 279 on pre-pay depending on network

It is a new generation Windows Phone 8 phone.

I bought one yesterday and am very impressed with it. It has a good camera and a reasonably good 4in screen.

I am using it on 3 and the data speeds are very good, it is on H+ most of the time.

The apps on Windows Phone 8 look a nicer than the equivalent apps on iOS and Android.

The phone uses MicroSD cards with capacities upto 32gb so storage shouldn't be a problem

The battery seems quite good and should last a lot longer than most smartphones

The phone is also quite light and looks nice with a few different colours avaliable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Apart from the 8S you could look into an S3 Mini too. Very similar in specs. Just a tad smaller though.

Being an AMOLED screen its nicer to look at, though the HTC has a more detailed screen.

S3 Mini would also have more apps and games available than the 8S.

Though if its your first time the 8S is probably the best one. Its the easier one to use

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

jahalpin wrote: »

The phone uses MicroSD cards with capacities upto 32gb so storage shouldn't be a problem

Just something on this, I have an 8S now and you can't store apps on the memory card, only on the phone memory, which is 4GB, 2.02 of which is the operating system, maybe 800MB in the mysterious "other storage" folder so it ain't great on that front! An update might change that at some point but its not guaranteed.

I do like it a lot though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement