Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Payment

Options
  • 03-01-2013 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I had a BOI credit card payment direct debit to come out on the 28th of December and I put the necessary funds in my account on the 28th.

On the 28th the direct debit showed up on my 365 banking as being paid on my credit card transactions. It had not registered as a payment on my current account yet, this is normal, it usually comes through the next day.

On the 29th the payment showed up on my current account on 365 banking, so as far as I was concerned the bill had been settled.

Then I checked my account on the 31st and the credit card payment has bounced from my current account and I have a late payment fee, and the transfer to my account on the 28th has been redressed to the 31st even though it came from a BOI account which you maintain there are instantaneous between.

How did this happen? I am most likely going to incur fees on my credit card for this too. I don't understand this as my account updated to take account of the transfer and the bill payment and then the dates were later changed.

I have never missed a payment on my credit card and my current account has had maybe had one or two fee due to my balance exceeding my overdraft limit, this is not the behaviour I expect as I have been a loyal customer for over 12 years.

Regards,
    David.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi David

Thanks for posting.

I would advise calling Banking 365 on 0818 365 365 / 00 353 1 4044000.
    A representative can take a look at your account and offer assistance.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement