Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic insulation

Options
  • 03-01-2013 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for recommendations for a company to do attic insulation.......thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Gallen Insulation in Ballybofey are good but may be a wee bit far away from you. Contact details here

If you're not looking for a grant a local handy man might be your answer. Shop around for prices for the rolls of fibreglass as they do vary quite a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

went into my loft last week to discover the insulation just thrown in.

should be cut to fit nicely between rafters not squeezed in.

also make sure it's in contact with the plasterboard and not , as in my case, thrown over protruding timbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

ootbitb wrote: »
    went into my loft last week to discover the insulation just thrown in.

should be cut to fit nicely between rafters not squeezed in.

also make sure it's in contact with the plasterboard and not , as in my case, thrown over protruding timbers.

Not true need to have 300mm high rock wool in the cavity between timbers and over the timbers as well there was grants for this a while back You can check they might be back this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

dzer2 wrote: »
    Not true need to have 300mm high rock wool in the cavity between timbers and over the timbers as well there was grants for this a while back You can check they might be back this year.

sure, the top layer should cross the rafters.

I was referring to rockwool in mid air draped over bracing timbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭leedslad

pbarr wrote: »
    I'm looking for recommendations for a company to do attic insulation.......thanks

Have ye checked http://www.seai.ie/Grants/ to see if you are elegible for any grants.
    Heard that http://www.alltherminsulation.ie/ do good work, no connection.

• Advertisement
Advertisement