Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to read ahead of starting Env. Science and Sustainable Tec?

Options
  • 03-01-2013 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on doing Env. Science and Sustainable Tech. in CIT this year and seeing as I have a good nine months to wait I've figured I'll start reading up on stuff beforehand just so I'm not going in blind.

So basically can some recommend some magazines/websites (of the non-forum kind) that cover a broad range of environmental issues/renewable energies/sustainable tech that I can read up on. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

PandyAndy wrote: »
    I'm planning on doing Env. Science and Sustainable Tech. in CIT this year and seeing as I have a good nine months to wait I've figured I'll start reading up on stuff beforehand just so I'm not going in blind.

So basically can some recommend some magazines/websites (of the non-forum kind) that cover a broad range of environmental issues/renewable energies/sustainable tech that I can read up on. Thanks.
    What's your maths like, from speaking to current students that seems to be one area people find difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Ah... non-existent... I'm 25, haven't done any since the LC back in '06.

Reading Maths it is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Get the book list from the college. Maybe you could get a library ticket too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Moved from S&EI.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

PandyAndy wrote: »
    Ah... non-existent... I'm 25, haven't done any since the LC back in '06.

Reading Maths it is then.
    Honestly theres plenty of maths and physics on that course............ How were you at LC ?

CIT will teach you everything you need to know anyway but if your weak at maths you need to put in the hours staying on top of it and not miss any classes...... In engineering related courses in CIT maths and physics based subjects would have the higest failure rates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

reading calculus and statistics would be useful.

I did 2 years of Env Sci in UCC a few years back and that's what came up in the maths lectures.

Advertisement