Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best modem to work with eircom for open nat

Options
  • 03-01-2013 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

i have the black eircom modem but i am not having any hope of opening my nat i tried port fowarding and upnp but no hope any good modems that will allready have an open nat?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

DavidMelv wrote: »
    i have the black eircom modem but i am not having any hope of opening my nat i tried port fowarding and upnp but no hope any good modems that will allready have an open nat?

Hi DavidMelv

Can you go through the following tips - http://bit.ly/VVgmXC and let me know if that helps.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭DavidMelv

Doestn matter what I do it doesnt work seriously thinking on leaving eircom now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

what model of modem is it and what device are you trying to get the open nat on?

you are unlikely to get a modem that will do open nat out of the box as they have to have some form of nat to allow multiple device connect to the internet

also if you have not done it try manually putting an ip address on the device you are trying to get the open nat on. if you just set up port forwarding for it, the next time you turn it on the modem might not give it the same ip address.with the ip address set manually on it you know it will always have the same one

i would assume you have already lowered the firewall on the modem. the firewall has to be set to low or off for port forwarding and upnp to work

Baneblade wrote: »
    what model of modem is it and what device are you trying to get the open nat on?

you are unlikely to get a modem that will do open nat out of the box as they have to have some form of nat to allow multiple device connect to the internet

also if you have not done it try manually putting an ip address on the device you are trying to get the open nat on. if you just set up port forwarding for it, the next time you turn it on the modem might not give it the same ip address.with the ip address set manually on it you know it will always have the same one

i would assume you have already lowered the firewall on the modem. the firewall has to be set to low or off for port forwarding and upnp to work
    Yup I had the firewall set to low.... I tried the modem directly to my xbox but then internet wasnt working any where else in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

you could try putting the xbox's ip address in the default server box on the port forwarding page, that might help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

DavidMelv wrote: »

Sometimes you have to turn it off and on again the UPnP to get the NAT open. When you're finished this turn your modem off, wait about twenty seconds and turn on again.

Port forward. This is the microsoft ports for x box live 3074, 80, 88 help with NAT

But i would not be too worried about NAT its only effects voice communication and how you find matches. If its set on moderate that will do just fine, an NAT open will not improve Lag or your gameplay.

You need fast download and upload speeds, low ping for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

in advance settings on the xbox internet test ,

Look for PPoE settings

Enter these into settings username:eircom@eircom.net
    password:broadband1

This will give NAT1 i have tested before and confrim it works for me on both xbox360 and ps3 this was with a Netopia 2247 modem though but it doesn't matter once these settings are added to the xbox should be fine.

I get Open NAT1 on my Three 3G connection which needed no configuring like eircom did.

I just connected the modem directly to the console for now... but internet signal isnt that strong around the rest of the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi DavidMelv

If the above information is not helping I would advise calling our technical support team on 1890260260. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Al

Advertisement