Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cracked glass in door- need replacing

• 03-01-2013 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

hi

i was wondering could someone help

on my front door there is a small pane of glass, it is tinted in colour. there is a small crack in it now and there is moisture getting in. i don't want to replace the whole door just that little pane of glass

the door is wooden so i need to replace the pane so the door doesnt start to get damaged etc..

if anyone can help or needs more info please ask :)

jonny

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

You need to measure and order a new piece of glass .I assume it is double glazed.You can order glass in greany glass in carnmore, there is other places in town aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

jjf1974 wrote: »
    You need to measure and order a new piece of glass .I assume it is double glazed.You can order glass in greany glass in carnmore, there is other places in town aswell.

sorry if I sound thick but will you be able to replace it or will you need someone to do it. ie I don't want to damage door more!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

The glass is probaly held in with 4 strips of timber if you carfully remove them you should be able to reuse them.the glass may well be also be held with silicone which may also make it hard to remove. If you are unsure about doing it ring one of the glass companies and they will know someone that will fix it for you.Do you know where the door was made ? If it was a local joinery why not give them a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Any of the glass companies will sort you out with the glass. If you need the glazing slips replaced, i can make them and drop them off at any of the glass suppliers for you. If it's 4 simple pieces- no charge.;)

Advertisement