Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting into the wrong side of the car.

Options
  • 03-01-2013 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭

I had one of those moments today. Went to get a sandwich (in Seattle) for lunch and as I was going to get back into the car. Wtf? The steering wheel is gone! ...and then the flash of realization that you've unlocked the right side door. Doh.

Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

I once did this coming out of work. After noticing my mistake, I tossed my backpack in the passenger side and coolly walked around the other side. I heard laughing from behind me, it was one of my colleagues who called me out on getting in the wrong side. After 6 years here, it rarely happens now but it is still funny to me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

My hosts for dinner, offered to drive me to the station afterwards... "I'll just get the keys and follow you out says he" I was in the driver's seat when he got there!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

A friend of mine got a spin off me one day bear in mind she is blind as a bat, i pulled up beside her she opens the door and sits on my lap without even thinking still laughing about it till this day

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Aprilmay

Its a constant joke with me and my Irish friends we all do it! I don't mind if I'm with my husband I just hand him the keys and let him drive but when you're on your own its another story!
    During the summer my in laws visited my poor mother in law kept going to the drivers side and she can't drive:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Aprilmay wrote: »
    During the summer my in laws visited my poor mother in law kept going to the drivers side and she can't drive:D

And the flip side is having fun with visitors when they appear to volunteer to drive.

Meeting a friend at the airport, he's straight off the 11 hour flight, barely conscious, jetlagged and no idea where he is and he walks around to the drivers side and I toss him the keys "you wanna drive?"

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Thankfully I stopped making that mistake after a month or so of driving hear......but watching my parents when they came over for Christmas brought back memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I only make this mistake when visiting Ireland these days :)

I can switch pretty easy these days.

However the only thing I find slightly hard is driving a LHD on the left side :)

Advertisement