Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hate my highlights

• 03-01-2013 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I got my highlights done just under 2 weeks ago and I am so unhappy, my hair is really really dark and dull with a few blonde streaks now, it is usually a nice blonde, she said she was going to put a few low lights in it but she obviously over done it. Usually I love my hair. Should I go back or just live with it? I paid 70euro (student price). I thought I'd get used to it but I still hate it! It was the Saturday before Xmas so the Salon was really busy and I feel like it was a bit rushed, I am a bit apprehensive about ringing but I can't afford to get them re-done again straight away with my tight student budget.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 M.A.S.H.

I would ring the stylist who did it and explain that the colour is too dark for you and would she mind adding a couple more hilites...much easier to rectify than if it was too bright!! if you dont get a good response from the stylist (don't go in guns blazing!!) I would ask to speak to the manager..ideally you should have said something on the day you got them done but if you leave it more than 2 weeks the salon will probably charge you again...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cat87

M.A.S.H. wrote: »
    I would ring the stylist who did it and explain that the colour is too dark for you and would she mind adding a couple more hilites...much easier to rectify than if it was too bright!! if you dont get a good response from the stylist (don't go in guns blazing!!) I would ask to speak to the manager..ideally you should have said something on the day you got them done but if you leave it more than 2 weeks the salon will probably charge you again...

Thanks for the reply, I really should have said it on the day because I hated it when she blow dried it, but they were crazy busy with the Xmas rush and she said it would lighten up after a few washes but it hasn't at all so I said I'd wait and see! I'm going to ring at 9 in the morning! and see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Not your problem they were busy. You didn't get a reduction in price due to them being busy so why should you tolerate a reduction in service?

I'd ring in and ask to speak to the manager and explain the situation. if they ask why you are only ringing now I;d advise them that the stylist told you it would lighten and it hasn't. You could suggest that you drop in to see the manager so they can asses your hair and see what they can do to fix it for you (at no extra cost).

Advertisement