Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC broadband frequent drop outs

• 03-01-2013 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Issues for the past six weeks now, up to 30 to 40 drop outs every day & night lasting a few seconds to several mins, UPC tech called out 2 weeks before xmas when things were working so no problems found, he did say cable infrastructure in the area was bad & needed replacing but no plans to do so in near future :mad:
    Really bad over the last week, called & emailed UPC support, lady said she'll escalate the issue ;) my modem is an old 'scientific atlanta 2203'.
    Im in the D7 area blackhorse avenue upper, anyone else have similar issues?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

lensman wrote: »
    Im in the D7 area blackhorse avenue upper, anyone else have similar issues?

I'm on blackhorse ave too and have no real problems, keep at them or ask them to monitor over time...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MattyM1987

Honest to god the problem for me is never ending I'm in d7 also! They don't no what the problem is I've had technicians to my house 7 times in three months! They've changed my lines, modems routers and all to no avail I'm paying for 50mb only to be getting 5 to 20! There gone out of ideas! But just to tell you my girlfriends place is also in the blackhorse area and its the same problem they have no idea whats going on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

I solved the problem myself, I had look at the outside box I share with next door, it's the normal 4 output type box & I always had 2 cables running from this, one to my living room & the 2nd to a small study. New people moved in next door awhile back & they called UPC to install a cable to their house & this is what the installer did. Instead of fitting the new cable to one of the 2 free outputs on the outdoor box he cut one of my cables leaving about a foot hanging from the box & fitted new F-connectors to the cut ends of my cable, he then fitted a splitter so now the cable which was going to my living room is feeding into the splitter & both me & next door are feeding off this splitter, I don't know why he did this as there was 2 free sockets on the box he could have used. I unscrewed my cable from the splitter & reconnected it to 1 of the free connectors on the outdoor box & guess what?...my broadband is better then ever & hasn't dropped out since, my neighbors connection has never given any trouble so it must have been a faulty output connector on the splitter which was leading to my house.
    MattyM1987 wrote: »
    Honest to god the problem for me is never ending I'm in d7 also! They don't no what the problem is I've had technicians to my house 7 times in three months! They've changed my lines, modems routers and all to no avail I'm paying for 50mb only to be getting 5 to 20! There gone out of ideas! But just to tell you my girlfriends place is also in the blackhorse area and its the same problem they have no idea whats going on!

Advertisement