Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.4mbps is GOOD broadband???

Options
  • 04-01-2013 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hi all iv just been off the phone from a 3 technician and told that .4mbps is good broadband?? I told him it was useless for skype/netflicks etc and i was told coverage in area (clonlara co.clare) my was very good for this. I have wifi just bought today, so i want to cancel and he told me that i couldnt as i had good broadband?? ay help would be great on my options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Are you on bill pay? If you are, you have a 14 day cooling off period to cancel. If you're on prepay, it's not so clear cut but considering the service is so poor it'd be unacceptable for them to not allow you to cancel. Either way, head back to where you bought the dongle or signed the contract and try to avoid customer service. They don't have a very good reputation for being useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭jakko86

Ya i done a speed test and i got .42mbps and he said it was good broadband!! :mad: I hit the roof!! Yes im signed up as a bill pay customer and bought the wifi wireless router which would make it even better i was told!!And regulatory authority states .4 mb/s was an acceptable speed so he wouldnt cancel my contract!! So my best option is go to the shop and kick up a stink? what kind of speed is good for netflix/skype etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

"Below are the internet speed requirements and recommendations for playing movies and TV shows on the Netflix website. Get in touch with your Internet Service Provider for more information about your bandwidth.

*Note: Internet speeds listed represent Download speeds.
    0.5 Megabits per second - Required broadband connection speed
    1.5 Megabits per second - Recommended broadband connection speed
    3.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for DVD quality
    5.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for HD quality"
    from here

I associate your speed with the 80's , zx84s and the minipops:)

:D:D
    Third world i told him!!Pure shi*e basically!!Hopefully ill get my money back tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

As said above, there's a 14 day cooling off period, don't bother getting into an argument or letting them do checks which stall time.
    You are allowed to return it so do it soon

• Advertisement

Guy in shop said it has to be proved by a technician that BB is crap before i could be refunded? But surely .4mbps is crap. bought it today so will head in tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

You could try and get an answer at the Three threads - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

Advertisement