Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of this picture if an orb?

Options
  • 04-01-2013 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Orb photo vatican city...

Hi folks,

Just a quick one to see what you think of this picture I took outside the vatican city in Rome on a dull sunday morning....
    If you look closely you will notice that the orb appears to be behind the signpost and tree.

The strange thing about this photo is that it was taken a year to the minute before my son was born....

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.....

ns1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

pretty hard to say anything really. Do you have a photo without it just to get an idea of what the place should look like? On the righthand side the way the white seems to melt around the branches makes me think its a reflection or glare from somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

maccored wrote: »
    pretty hard to say anything really. Do you have a photo without it just to get an idea of what the place should look like?

No sorry, I only took this one photo and it was actually a photo of the queue that formed behind us to get into the Vatican.... But if you have a look behind the orb all you can see is buildings.....
    maccored wrote: »
    On the righthand side the way the white seems to melt around the branches makes me think its a reflection or glare from somewhere.

This photo was taken just after 9am and it was not sunny so that rules out a glare of any kind. In relation to melting around the branches, that is the orb behind those branches...

Also don't know if you saw the old man at the bottom right of the picture seems to be looking directly at it????:confused: as if he has possibly seen it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Google streetview is your friend ;)
    It looks to be a reflection off of a round street sign or mirror which was positioned behind the other sign in your photo. I am 99% certain this is the same street where you took the photo - if you pan around you will see what I mean...

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=st+peters+basilica+rome&hl=en&ll=41.907355,12.455631&spn=0.000011,0.005262&sll=41.896016,12.490747&sspn=0.00805,0.02105&t=h&hq=st+peters+basilica+rome&z=18&layer=c&cbll=41.907284,12.455648&panoid=nj8_JJ-HUdkCPs1TDz7WLw&cbp=12,313.8,,1,1.65

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Thats proper detective work! There is a blue and white arrow, round road sign exactly where the 'orb' appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Google streetview is your friend ;)
    It looks to be a reflection off of a round street sign or mirror which was positioned behind the other sign in your photo. I am 99% certain this is the same street where you took the photo - if you pan around you will see what I mean...

That is absolutely amazing.... How clever are you to know how to do that :-)
    Looks like I can put that notion to bed now it that it was a "SIGN" about the birth of our son a year later to the minute....

Thanks again Sherlock :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

My pleasure :)

...now off to find Shergar!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 midlands paranormal researcher

great work on that pic cunning stunt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

"Aliens"

Advertisement