Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vtech Innotab2

Options
  • 04-01-2013 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi, This is my first time posting here. Basically Santa brought an Innotab 2 for for my 5 yr old for christmas. You can download games etc from the Vtech website but have to set up an account first. There is no wifi so it's connected by USB which was provided. I tried to do this and it is saying I am not connected on the website even though it's saying I am connected on the device. My husband said then That he had heard that this is apparently a fault with Innotab2's. Just wondering if anyone else has heard this? or had this or can tell me which path I should go down to rectify this issue.I was going to fill in the help section on the website but it had all this small print saying that in order to help me it needs to get all my info from my pc including memory etc which I am uneasy about for privacy reasons etc. Would greatly appreciate some suggestions. Thanks:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭wobblemouth

I got one of these for my 5-yr old daughter too - no such probs when settign up I'm afraid.

Did you download the learning Lodge software?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

I got one of these for my 5-yr old daughter too - no such probs when settign up I'm afraid.

Did you download the learning Lodge software?
    Yes and that seems to be the problem as opposed to my pc or the device or the USb. I even deleted it and 'redownloaded it but with no success.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Yes Santa brought the pink one, (for me? obviously), didnt have problems with set up or recognition by the LL software.

It did mention though possible problems with some versions of Flashplayer so I allowed it to download and install its own requirements and all seemed to work fine. I find with these types of proprietary devices, any deviation from the exact set up leads to unforeseen problems.

They dont seem to have much in the way of open forum support or fanbase.
    vTech are pretty much geared to getting you pay for basic games, books and overpriced videos. You seem to be stuck with their games and ebooks but you can put on your own mp3s and converted videos for free.

But my little girl seems to be happy with it and there is plenty on it to get her so no point looking at it with my jaundiced old eyes;).

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

out of desperation I recorded a video of one of her favourite songs playing on you tube no my phone. She doesn't even acknowledge that the quantity is crap. So it worked for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

My son has the original one that he got last year. I found fairly early on that the games etc. on the Learning Lodge were fairly basic although he enjoys them on occasion.

However, the best thing to do is to convert DVD's, avi's, mp4's etc. using a product called Super by erightsoft. Google for the settings. Copy on to a memory card and you have movies/cartoons etc. to go in the car. My son uses his all the time for this purpose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement